What are the least memorable Maiden songs?

I didn't remember anything about The Book of Souls title track except the intro and the outro. This was a very long period of time. Then I heard The Live Chapter version, it came alive.

As far as the "full content of a song" is concerned, I would say: anything from AMOLAD except from Benjamin Breeg (the whole album sounds like a 75-minute long Em chord soaked in synth about war, to me at least ;) ), "Age of Innocence", "Face in the Sand", "Isle of Avalon", "Starblind", "The Great Unknown"... I don't think that many attemps from Maiden at "being progressive" have actually succeeded. It may also have to do with the listener I am and the one that I used to me: I think my attention span has shortened at the same time as the band (Steve?) has developped a tendency to release long AND, repetitive and "copy-paste"-y songs.

Last edited:
Most of the Blaze stuff, the second half of DoD and some songs from AMOLAD and TFF.
As far as the "full content of a song" is concerned, I would say: anything from AMOLAD except from Benjamin Breeg (the whole album sounds like a 75-minute long Em chord soaked in synth about war, to me at least ;) ), "Age of Innocence", "Face in the Sand", "Isle of Avalon", "Starblind", "The Great Unknown"... I don't think that many attemps from Maiden at "being progressive" have actually succeeded. It may also have to do with the listener I am and the one that I used to me: I think my attention span has shortened at the same time as the band (Steve?) has developped a tendency to release long AND, repetitive and "cut-paste"-y songs.
Well, you said it more quickly! ;)

I haven't listened to it all that much compared to most of Maiden's stuff, so I guess The Man Who Would Be King. Which is a song I know I love when I hear it, I just don't remember how it goes.

Pass the Jam is another one.

Well. I had to relisten the entire Final Frontier, because after the first time I remembered only the chorus of Coming Home and the main riff of Alchemist.

You know how I get myself to appreciate and like an Iron Maiden album? especially the post-reunion albums? I tell myself " Maiden worked really hard on this and they realy put time and effort into this, an album is like a chapter in their legacy so you will like it for what it is" and if it's a P-R..ion album I tell my self "Bruce and adrain are back and the band is at a second prime, can't be worse than the 90's". So that's how I like Maiden albums.

I'll go with The Man Who Would Be King. Mediocre songs are usually memorable because of, well, their flaws, but I can never remember how that one goes except a few bits and pieces.

2AM
When Two Worlds Collide
Como Estais Amigos

And I can only remember that cringy opening line from Quest For Fire, I don't remember anything else about it.

Back