What are the least memorable Maiden songs?

Innocent Exile
Prodigal Son
Fear Is The Key
The Apparition
2 A.M.
Lightning Strikes Twice
Gates of Tomorrow
Age of Innocence
The Man Who Would Be King
Shadows of the Valley (it's a good song, but i always forget it for some reason)

I'll go with The Man Who Would Be King. Mediocre songs are usually memorable because of, well, their flaws, but I can never remember how that one goes except a few bits and pieces.

Same for me, the only things I can recall are the Amen drums somewhere in the middle and ending lyrics "far far away, the man who would be king". I wouldn't say the song is "actively" bad though, just... well, extremely unmemorable.

Memory (as in "memorable") is something subjective. As far as I'm concerned, there is no IM song that I "don't remember" as such (main riff, melody, chorus) but I seem to struggle remembering all parts and strucutres of the songs that I find too long (mainly those on TXF and AMOLAD), but also "I Live My Way" (not released on CD) and the DoD B-sides.

Has to be The Duellists. The only thing that sticks is the chorus, and even that because of how corny and ill-fitting it is. I occasionally do remember bits of the instrumental section but that always results in me wondering where that bit is from, usually wrongly guessing it must be Quest for Fire or Sun and Steel or something.

I'd give Remember Tomorrow another listen. Who knows, you might remember Remember Tomorrow tomorrow.
I remember all of these songs, lol. They're just the ones that are the least memorable, per thread title.

Never been a fan of "Remember Tomorrow". Possibly the single most overrated song in the band's discography. I have no clue what everyone else sees in it.

I remember all of these songs, lol. They're just the ones that are the least memorable, per thread title.

Never been a fan of "Remember Tomorrow". Possibly the single most overrated song in the band's discography. I have no clue what everyone else sees in it.
While personally I love it, that's just the way it goes sometimes. Lord knows I've spent enough time in my week on the forum lurking in the murky depths blasphemy thread as it is.

While personally I love it, that's just the way it goes sometimes. Lord knows I've spent enough time in my week on the forum lurking in the murky depths blasphemy thread as it is.
Yeah, but at least you're backed by most of the forum. Try being an "Apparition" fan. :p

Half of NPFTD + 33% of FOTD + 33% of VXI + Total Eclipse.

Oh, I can remember Mother of Mercy, but I find it very hard to listen.

Back