What are the IM-related items that you've bought but never listen to/watch/use?

My DVD copy of Maiden England '88 doesn't come out of the box much, though I keep the CDs (or, to be precise, their digital clones) on fairly high rotation in the car

Well I don't listen to the CDs that much, since AUX+Google Play Music from the phone is much more practical in the car and when I'm really listening to the albums at home, I prefer vinyl, since I finally managed to get the turntable earlier this year. I do watch concert/documentary DVDs occasionally, but I haven't touched Visions of the Beast for years, since all the videos are available on YouTube anyway if I, for reason or another, feel like watching them and the menus are pretty painful on that DVD anyway.

Well my VHS of Live at Donnington doesn’t get any use anymore, I’m not sure why I haven’t just disposed of it as yet, not as if I’m ever going to purchase a new video player. Do play the singles every now and again, there are some good b-sides kicking around, but I could probably live without many of them really.

Got lots of tour programmes, not just Maiden, that just sit in a box in the garage, sometimes I think I should put them on ebay as I never look at them. But haven’t managed to bring myself to do that yet.

There's one on ebay for £2000. Mental!
Discogs says the highest it ever went for is 1k, average is around £750. I got mine for £70 around 1999 off a guy who lived in London and saw the band and bought it at the time. Still has the fan club slip with it. And it definitely opens from the top!

And the price is only gonna go up, buddy, so it's a real gem you got in your collection there. I heard there are only around 500 of the original 5000 still in circulation. Try and get it signed and you can buy that house in Hawaii you dreamed of.
My gem is the Di'Anno signed debut album with the original poster included in the packing and the Killers album from Japan also with a poster. Apparantly I like them posters.

I've got SSoaSS original vinyl signed by everyone except Bruce. Don't think I've ever given it a spin. Or remember where it is. Or remember if it's not SiT...

And the price is only gonna go up, buddy, so it's a real gem you got in your collection there. I heard there are only around 500 of the original 5000 still in circulation. Try and get it signed and you can buy that house in Hawaii you dreamed of.
500? Fuck, that's not a lot.
I was thinking of gettin 'er signed at a British Lion gig but I couldn't find a way to keep it safe and also be down the front so I left it at home. I also wasn't sure I wanted to tarnish it. Does having it signed do much for the value? I assume you would need all 4 signatures to make much difference.

My gem is the Di'Anno signed debut album with the original poster included in the packing
Nice.

Limited edition TFF and TBOS discs.
Were there different versions of TBOS? I have a 3 disc black vinyl version but wasn't aware that it was limited. Could be another one for the pension fund!

I've got SSoaSS original vinyl signed by everyone except Bruce. Don't think I've ever given it a spin. Or remember where it is. Or remember if it's not SiT...
Did you get it signed yourself? Doesn't count otherwise.

I was thinking of gettin 'er signed at a British Lion gig but I couldn't find a way to keep it safe and also be down the front so I left it at home. I also wasn't sure I wanted to tarnish it. Does having it signed do much for the value? I assume you would need all 4 signatures to make much difference.

Nice.

Were there different versions of TBOS? I have a 3 disc black vinyl version but wasn't aware that it was limited. Could be another one for the pension fund!

Did you get it signed yourself? Doesn't count otherwise.

Not vinyl, but the CD TBOS Book Limited Edition.

I think it was 500, so is a real goldmine. I think the Harris signature alone would increase it, buddy, but I wouldn't tarnish it either.

Back