What album did Bruce sound the best on?

Forostar said:
Well, well, Taker, I'm getting curious about the next reason to dislike Powerslave  ;)
The vocals are certainly a new one, aren't they? Don't remember that one of your posts about the album was ever about the vocals (or other sound or performance in general).
:lol: Honestly man, dislike is not the word to use when it comes to my thoughts on Powerslave. It was simply the first album that I felt was not as good as the previous material. Where as the first 4 albums had spun my head around at first listen, this one didn't... but we've had this discussion before. My agreement with Onhell about the "shrieking" is in relation to TNOTB, SIT, SSOASS, and especially POM, the other ones in the golden era. As good as some of the stuff is, Powerslave is still the low point album of that era for me.

Taker said:
My agreement with Onhell about the "shrieking" is in relation to TNOTB, SIT, SSOASS, and especially POM, the other ones in the golden era.

To be precise: I think this element (vocals) is new. By now, I guess you've named all your reasons to see this album as the low point album of that era. Unless you dislike some particular bass or guitar riffs, drums, melodies or guitar solos. I mean, the album is full of 'em (some of the best in the Maiden catalogue  :innocent: ). So we'll see.  :p

*runs in opposite direction of Winnipeg*  :D

Black Thunder said:
Powerslave is OK, but you gotta admit he struggled a little. Especially on tour!

Piece Of Mind is the best, no doubt about it. But losing the power of such great voice in a year is quite unexpected. Don't you think?

Brian Johnson lost his voice in an extremely short span too. In 1980 on Back in Black he was a MONSTER. Not long after that it was downhill fast. Geoff Tate (from 1987 to 1988), Danzig (from 1996 to 1998) and many others lost their voice in a short period of time too.

Danimal77 said:
Brian Johnson lost his voice in an extremely short span too. In 1980 on Back in Black he was a MONSTER. Not long after that it was downhill fast. Geoff Tate (from 1987 to 1988), Danzig (from 1996 to 1998) and many others lost their voice in a short period of time too.

Yes. But sometimes power of the voice returns in later years (as with Bruce's case).

Back