WHAMAGEDDON *insert current year*

The Wham song is huge here. It’s not as big as Mariah Carey but it might as well be a close second. I have no idea how Diesel or Collin haven’t heard it.

And yes, assuming Last Christmas is the most popular Christmas song in Europe, All I Want For Christmas Is You is the American equivalent.

I only heard "All I Want For Christmas Is You" for the first time this year. I don't listen to Xmas radio much if at all, and even then it's not because I sought it out. Generally I just hear a choir singing the hymn stuff.

And yes, assuming Last Christmas is the most popular Christmas song in Europe, All I Want For Christmas Is You is the American equivalent.

I don't know if it's the most. It always has been very popular, but it might be second to Mariah. I'd say it's had a lift since George Michael died though.

The Wham song is huge here. It’s not as big as Mariah Carey but it might as well be a close second. I have no idea how Diesel or Collin haven’t heard it.
I've heard it before. I have no idea who tf Wham is though.

Do you guys go shopping during the holidays? These songs are played in public constantly.

Yes but I don't often pay attention to what's playing. There's a good chance I've actually heard the song before but don't remember because I didn't know the name.

No matter where I am, if there’s music playing somewhere I am always paying attention to it on some level. I also worked retail for two holiday seasons.

I am always paying attention to it on some level.
Well yeah, but if I don't know the song's name or can't figure it out while it's playing, it usually doesn't stick with me. That's more what I meant.

No matter where I am, if there’s music playing somewhere I am always paying attention to it on some level.
Same. I always pick up phrases, melodies, the whole chorus. Occasionally, I google songs. That's why I'm always quite well in the know about what songs are hits at any given time, just by walking through shopping centres.

Back