Weekend Warrior

How good is Weekend Warrior on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
According to Dickinson, the lyrics of the song refer to
hooligans of sports teams, who meet the need to identify with
the whole belonging to that portion of the field audience that proceeds
in acts of violence and destruction. They are thus negotiating another person of his
fear: the fear of differentiation and rejection from the social
surroundings, a fear pushes the person to fit into sets which
determine his behavior and soften his uniqueness.

I am going through Maiden's discography chronologically, and this song is playing now. I can't get over how bad this track is. Absolute shit.

0/10 if it's possible. 1/10 if I am in a good mood.

Weekend Warrior is such an underrated song it hurts, here Iron Maiden meets AC/DC and the result is amazing.

Luck me I wasn’t aware that I had to hate this song, so I could enjoy a pretty great song!

8/10

It was refreshing to listen this song and it not be another maidensque song but a more unique and inspired song, not some quest for fire or prophecy.

Weekend Warrior is such an underrated song it hurts, here Iron Maiden meets AC/DC and the result is amazing.

Luck me I wasn’t aware that I had to hate this song, so I could enjoy a pretty great song!

8/10

It was refreshing to listen this song and it not be another maidensque song but a more unique and inspired song, not some quest for fire or prophecy.
The Prophecy slander aside, I completely agree. There are a few songs on the album (From Here To Eternity and Chains Of Misery come to mind) that get a lot of heat for similar reasons.

The Prophecy slander aside, I completely agree. There are a few songs on the album (From Here To Eternity and Chains Of Misery come to mind) that get a lot of heat for similar reasons.
The Prophecy slander was a provocation, because I think that people always beat these songs by the wrong reasons.

I know that FotD is very Hard Rock compared to what Maiden did till that point and after, but while not all songs are great, now I think that FotD is much better than people give credit for, maybe one could trim the fugitive, afraid to shoot strangers and to me it would be a pretty strong album.

Intro conjures up “Zulu Lulu” from Tattooed Millionaire, but as soon as the heavy riff kicks in and Bruce goes full rasp, that passes from memory. The most aggressive song about football? Probably. The chorus is pretty strong. It kinda starts and stops too often, but it’s pretty good throughout. I fucking love the instrumental section, particularly that melodic centerpiece. This is one of those tracks where Jan’s wild soloing benefits the number. Another overhated track with some killer parts, and great all the way through. 8/10

Back