Vocalists that were auditioned for Bruce Dickinson's replacement in 1993

wonder if they ever considered Ronnie James Dio…. I mean, can you imagine? He could pull off many of their songs quite brilliantly

sure but then would we have gotten Bruce and Adrian back? Huh? Nobody ever thinks about this right.
Sure, but then we would've kept getting new Bruce/Adrian/Roy Z albums every year or two. Nobody ever thinks about this, right? :)

Sure, but then we would've kept getting new Bruce/Adrian/Roy Z albums every year or two. Nobody ever thinks about this, right? :)
Sure but Maiden without Bruce and Adrian just isn't the same. Don't get me wrong I love Bruce's solo career but I'd take him being in Maiden than to not being in Maiden anyday no matter the sacrifice of his solo career. I know alot of fans might think that their albums from 2000 and onwards are so so but to me they are masterpiece's but most importantly each album is another chapter in the Legacy of Iron Maiden and I would much rather Bruce and Adrian be apart of that than to not be. It's easy(well kinda) to get new members to replace previous members but you can't replace a stage presence. Just my opinion.

Sure but Maiden without Bruce and Adrian just isn't the same.
Whatever do you mean...?

QKfD_o.gif

I do, but I simply don't care about that. I much prefer Maiden's post-2000 output to any of Bruce's solo efforts.
Meh, I think A Matter Of Life And Death is the only 21st century Maiden album that can stand alongside Accident Of Birth and The Chemical Wedding in terms of overall quality.

More likely that lack of sales and interest in his solo work would have meant Bruce leaving the industry behind to become a full time pilot.

I'm not sure but I have read somewhere that Bruce was a potential replacement for Dio in Rainbow - around TNOTB album '81-'82 or more probably '79, '80-'81 :confused:

Can someone confirm or denied that ? I've searched for a topic like this on the Internet, but nothing !

More likely that lack of sales and interest in his solo work would have meant Bruce leaving the industry behind to become a full time pilot.

Although it is difficult to know what could have happened in this parallel reality, his solo career was taking off (no pun intended) by the time The Chemical Wedding was released, so I doubt he would have left the musical industry to become a full time pilot.

Although it is difficult to know what could have happened in this parallel reality, his solo career was taking off (no pun intended) by the time The Chemical Wedding was released, so I doubt he would have left the musical industry to become a full time pilot.

Agreed, there's little point in arguing about fictitious alternate scenarios, I was also being a little facetious but the gist of the point I was making was that returning to Maiden was as good a career move for Bruce and Adrian as it was for Maiden in getting them back, it was a mutually beneficial scenario

Agreed, there's little point in arguing about fictitious alternate scenarios, I was also being a little facetious but the gist of the point I was making was that returning to Maiden was as good a career move for Bruce and Adrian as it was for Maiden in getting them back, it was a mutually beneficial scenario

Agreed. It was a win-win for all parties involved (with the exception of Blaze).

Don't think profit has anything to do with it. Bruce got his license in early 1990s and if you want to fly jets/big planes, getting a job is probably the only financially sane way. Unless you're Travolta levels of rich, just imagine how much it would cost to upkeep and maintain a Learjet, let alone a Boeing...

But it does use time, and together with my hypothesis that Dickinson has got a lot more creative freedom in Maiden than in first stint, puts the solo career on the backburner. Yes the albums are now far longer but he got 25+ minutes of his own solo-penned material on the last record, apart from Harris he is the only one with consistent output in last 20 years, Smith took a while and now Gers is a bit to the sides. Dickinson - constant.

Seems to me he is happy the way his professional life is set up and doesn't feel the same initiative he felt in 1990s when he had to prove his name outside Maiden.

Don't think profit has anything to do with it. Bruce got his license in early 1990s and if you want to fly jets/big planes, getting a job is probably the only financially sane way. Unless you're Travolta levels of rich, just imagine how much it would cost to upkeep and maintain a Learjet, let alone a Boeing...

But it does use time, and together with my hypothesis that Dickinson has got a lot more creative freedom in Maiden than in first stint, puts the solo career on the backburner. Yes the albums are now far longer but he got 25+ minutes of his own solo-penned material on the last record, apart from Harris he is the only one with consistent output in last 20 years, Smith took a while and now Gers is a bit to the sides. Dickinson - constant.

Seems to me he is happy the way his professional life is set up and doesn't feel the same initiative he felt in 1990s when he had to prove his name outside Maiden.
Agreed. If he wasn't happy he would of left 10 years ago but with that way maiden works now it's good for everyone in the band.

Kiske would have been the best by far. Amazing singer (soft voice my ass) could hit all the high notes with ease (and actually his English accent was out of this world even when he was 17 and made the first album with Helloween), amazing frontman at that time with a really commanding stage presence and, let’s be honest, a great physical appearance. He could probably rejuvenate Iron Maiden and made Harris make some albums in the epic style of 7th son though Harris had obviously gone to the deep end in the nineties, as most eighties bands and musicians had , from Metallica to Judas Priest, and didn’t know what musical approach Iron Maiden should take in that difficult, for classic metal, decade.

I wouldn’t mind blaze if Harris was 100% committed which means making the x-factor in an expensive studio with a great producer and thus a great sound . That album was buried by its production, the songs sounded 10000000 times better live though Blaze would always face the problem of not being able to sing Dickinson’s songs.

Back