Vocalists that were auditioned for Bruce Dickinson's replacement in 1993

I beg to differ, but I do not have the intention to turn this into an Adrian versus Janick argument.
Quiet, I'm not thinking of something like that at all. Don't worry.
I just wanted to say that, in any case, everyone does the same... everyone has that kind of resource.

Try listening to Tim Lachman in Gargoyle or Eleventh Hour... or listen to his version in the Slave to the Power tribute.
Seems legit. Lacks a bit of strength and attack but other than that I think he would do a prety decent job.

I also like songs as they appeared on Bruce's albums.
Arc of Space and Tears of the Dragon didn't appear because Steve already seemed too many concessions with Wasting Love. Supposedly a power ballad. What he did make clear is that he didn't want Keith Olsen's mix to appear on the album.
This makes me think that when Bruce was working with Maiden on Fear of the Dark, he was recording his album with Keith Olsen. The dates would match.

I think you are getting your dates wrong. Bruce started working with Keith Olsen in LA in early 1993.

Fallen Heroes of Silver & Gold was presented for the sessions of Somewhere in Time...

May I ask who is the source?

There are also two songs by Adrian that he brought from Urchin that he introduced Steve to Killers and he did not like enough.

For The Number, Adrian presented the Madman song that looked a lot like the song style like Twilight Zone but, it didn't come in.

May I ask who is the source? Moreover, where can we listen to the song Madman please?

Thanks.

Last edited:

May I ask who is the source? Moreover, where can we listen to the song Madman please?

Thanks.
Well, in all three questions I can answer you identically.
I'm a journalist specialized in this type of musical media and specifically, Rock and Heavy Metal.
On the source, say that both me and fellow professionals, we have several sources among them, fan clubs, management agencies, our questions in interviews and also sometimes, the musicians themselves.
Another thing that helps a lot, is to play songs well and be knowledgeable about them...
Personally, I'm a big fan of Iron Maiden and, as such, when I do an interview I know what to ask what a fan would like to know.

I think you are getting your dates wrong. Bruce started working with Keith Olsen in LA in early 1993.
No my friend... They are not entirely incorrect because, although the recordings began on January-February 1993, previously there was a joint work with session musicians who usually worked as sessionists with Keith.

No my friend... They are not entirely incorrect because, although the recordings began on January-February 1993, previously there was a joint work with session musicians who usually worked as sessionists with Keith.

If I am not mistaken, Fear of the Dark was recorded in early 1992 and released in May. Bruce recorded some solo songs in late 1992 with musicians from Skin on the version of his 2nd solo album produced by Chris Tsangarides. Once this was shelved, Bruce moved to LA in early 1993 and that is when the work with Keith Olsen commenced, including the writing and recording with the session musicians suggested by Keith.

Wasting Love is not particularly good, but next to substandard tracks like Weekend Warrior, The Apparition or From Here To Eternity, it is pure gold! :lol:
Apparition is just utter filler... simply boring but it doesn't annoy me that much.
Weekend Warrior is a cool track but IN NO WAY POSSIBLE does it fit a Maiden album tracklist. Would sound great in something like Tattooed Millionaire (although it wasn't penned by Bruce)
From Here To Eternity is on the same level of garbage as Wasting love and Fear Is The Key is even worst. :p

Well, in all three questions I can answer you identically.
I'm a journalist specialized in this type of musical media and specifically, Rock and Heavy Metal.
On the source, say that both me and fellow professionals, we have several sources among them, fan clubs, management agencies, our questions in interviews and also sometimes, the musicians themselves.
Another thing that helps a lot, is to play songs well and be knowledgeable about them...
Personally, I'm a big fan of Iron Maiden and, as such, when I do an interview I know what to ask what a fan would like to know.

I know quite a few fans and journalists who have a lot of info. I also know people who are close to the band and even saw them in the good old days. Some of them even have old gigs recordings. I have also read a lot of interviews (pretty old ones and strange ones) and I have never ever heard the things you are commenting.

So, if I may ask,do you have any of this info in writting from when you performed this interviews? Can you back up your claimings?

There's also a mistaken in the statement. The so called Wasting Love Keith Olsen mix is FAKE. Keith Olsen himself stated he didn't have anything to do with this song

I forgot to say that, Tears of the Dragon, was previously called Tears of Pendragon or Pendragon's Tears, I don't remember well.
Another of the songs that Bruce presented in 1986 for Somewhere in Time, Arc of Space, called at the time, Dreams of Space and Time. The version we know today, after working with Roy Z. must be very different from those of those days.

The reason why Tears of the Dragon and Man of Sorrows are so similar in their structures, resembling the same sessions, are evident as they were arranged at the same time. Janick recorded the guitars in Man of Sorrows 1992 version... and somewhere I read that Gers came to play and rehearse Tears... but I don't remember where. Maybe in some old Rock Hard or Rip interview.

It was called Pendragon's Tears.

I read a long time ago that Tears Of The Dragon was not one of the songs presented by Bruce in 1986. Do you mind saying what's your source? I also understand that one song he did present was dive, dive, dive and run silent, run deep which later on would end up in NPFTD.

There's also a mistaken in the statement. The so called Wasting Love Keith Olsen mix is FAKE. Keith Olsen himself stated he didn't have anything to do with this song

The Wasting Love cd single has a different mix, maybe people are trying to claim that was by Keith Olsen??

Exactly:

Exactly:

Thank you for this! I didn't remember if it was here that I read that Keith Olsen response

Back