Van Halen

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
Just say a bit on VH1 classic saying the new VH album will be out January and will be titled "Bold" Can't wait!

I just Googled Van Halen Bold and nothing came up. That's strange since there was an official announcement. Anyway, I can't wait to hear it.

Wasted CLV said:
Who is the singer?  I kinda lost my care for VH when they blackballed Mike. 

DLR. I am with you Wasted. MA is an intricate part of the true VH. Would love to see him back in the fold but it looks like we are stuck with Wolfgang.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
I just Googled Van Halen Bold and nothing came up. That's strange since there was an official announcement. Anyway, I can't wait to hear it.
yea I typed in Van Halen Bold and the only thing that came up was an unreleased song titled We Die Bold. Intresting

The only thing on that website that has anything convincing sites musicnews.com.  However, when checking said site, there is nothing about VH and new album at any time.  Like one of the forumers said "I'll believe it when I see it".  Anyway, much like Aerosmith, Van Halen is dead to me, as far as new material is concerned.

wsoul1 said:
DLR. I am with you Wasted. MA is an intricate part of the true VH. Would love to see him back in the fold but it looks like we are stuck with Wolfgang.

Yeah-- well he is off with Chickenfoot, which, I guess, isn't gonna do much more since the dude from Chili Peppers isn't gonna play with them anymore.

I think DLR was fine, but I really don't know if that dude can pull it off anymore.  I didn't see any clips from the last tour, but the few bits I've seen of him on tv lead me to believe that he doesn't age well.  meh.

Genghis Khan said:
The only thing on that website that has anything convincing sites musicnews.com.  However, when checking said site, there is nothing about VH and new album at any time.  Like one of the forumers said "I'll believe it when I see it".  Anyway, much like Aerosmith, Van Halen is dead to me, as far as new material is concerned.

I'd agree.  Personally, after Sammy left, I didn't care much about Van Halen. 

first of all I got VHIII in the mail today and it is actually quite good. 2nd, Chickenfoot decided to continue without Chad. Tommy Lee seems to be the most likely replacement. (hopefully not) as someone from another forum said, it would be like DLR on drums. Also Wasted, have you heard "Me Wise Magic" it is fairly recent and Dave's voice is amazing! Best i've heard of him. He hits high and low notes. Even sounds like Hagar at times.

Don Dokken said:
first of all I got VHIII in the mail today and it is actually quite good. 2nd, Chickenfoot decided to continue without Chad. Tommy Lee seems to be the most likely replacement. (hopefully not) as someone from another forum said, it would be like DLR on drums. Also Wasted, have you heard "Me Wise Magic" it is fairly recent and Dave's voice is amazing! Best i've heard of him. He hits high and low notes. Even sounds like Hagar at times.

Me Wise Magic is an excellent tune.  So is most of VH, Haggar or DLR.  Only VHIII is poor in my opinion.  I just spent the whole day listening to 'Women and Children First'.

That source has some many disagreements, they might as well not have put up anything or simply indicated that VH fans want to know what VH is up to.  Seriously, until you hear from Alex or Eddie or Dave, any reports are a waste of time.

It's odd that I find myself barely caring about a band that was my favorite musical group of the late 70's. I still consider Edward Van Halen to be among the greatest rock guitarists ever, but the last album that lit a fire under my ass was Fair Warning. The first four albums still get very regular play in my world, but for me, it was all downhill after that...

With Dave back on vocals, hopefully they can create that classic sound again. Actually, I think their last album with the singer from Extreme is highly underrated. He does a pretty good job on vocals and I quite enjoy it myself.

Don't get me wrong... some of the post Fair Warning albums had some great bits and pieces. I didn't dislike Hagar OR Cherone. It's just that none of it blinded me like the early stuff does...

Glad to see there are other people who liked 3.Gary Cherone is one of my favorite singers so to hear him on a VH album was awesome. Actually they wrote (and recorded?) a followup with Gary that got scrapped and one of the songs titled Comfortably Dumb made it on the last extreme album.

Back