Van Halen

BIG-RED-ED said:
So, they're writing an album about coffee? What's the followup going to be called? "Sassy", or "Robust", or "Decaf"? :p
Oh, the humanity.

Seems that all you guys are convinced the album is coming out.  I'm still skeptical.

I miss Michael Anthony being in Van Halen, wish he was back. If the new Van Halen material is anything as stellar as Me Wise Magic then the band is in fine form. As for Van Halen 3, I thought it was a bit of a dud overall. Nothing to do with Gary Cherone... it's just most of the songs weren't very interesting. It's too bad they dumped Cherone after that, as I thought he was well-fitting as a vocalist for Van Halen.

Regarding Chickenfoot... to my knowledge Chad Smith didn't leave the group, he just won't be touring with them due to Red Hot Chilli Peppers commitments.

I like both Van Halen and "Van Hagar". Of course, DLR era is better, but Hagar had its moments. I wish they'd bring back Hagar to play rhythm guitar and sing, so that I can hear songs from both eras live :) I didn't listen Van Halen III yet.

NightProwler666 said:
I like both Van Halen and "Van Hagar". Of course, DLR era is better, but Hagar had its moments. I wish they'd bring back Hagar to play rhythm guitar and sing, so that I can hear songs from both eras live :) I didn't listen Van Halen III yet.
listen to Without You. It's easily the best song. And Chad is still in Chickenfoot he just won't be touring.

Groteskfull said:
Without You is a terrible song to my ears. I would suggest instead Dirty Water Dog, or Fire In The Hole.
Really? I liked that one a lot. The other two are good as well. One I Want is ok but there is something about it that I don't like. I liked Ballot or the Bullet mostly because of the lyrics. And Year to the Day is a good one too. That is just from the top of my head.

I really hope they used at least some old demos, there were some great songs that never made it onto a record

I heard it was finished being mixed. It's due for a fall release.

Back