USA Politics

Please cite some sources because your post assumes that he even has one, and I think that objectively speaking you’re incorrect on that notion.
You’re probably right, but the fact that he’s dared to call out Trump’s lies and at the very least complicity in the insurrection on multiple occasions makes me hope that there’s a hint of patriotism still hiding in that blackened heart of his somewhere.

Interesting? It will be terrible.

It is terrible how the Republicans allowed the extreme right in their party to grow further and further. The extreme right will feel encouraged by Trump's acquittal and will continue to support him. The extreme right all over the world will come out into the open more and more, showing their racism, conspiracy theories, lies and hate. More violence can be expected.
I agree with this, but I also don’t want to shut out the possibility that this causes the GOP to split, which would ultimately be good for the country and great for the progressive left. 10 republicans in the house and 7 in the senate supported impeachment. These are small numbers, but suppose a new party emerges to run against these folks in their respective states. Republicans barely win these swing states to begin with, a spoiler candidate will cripple them electorally. Furthermore, if Trump starts to primary “moderate” Republicans in places like PA and NC, that’s going to be a huge liability. We already saw an element of this in Georgia. The general election in 2020 became a race for who could be the most extremist right winger and it ended up costing them the runoff.

We’re going to have to see what happens in 2022, but I think in the long run we’re going to find that Trump was more of a liability for the radical right than an asset. Republicans were able to use dog whistles and appeal to racists and extremists without actually going there for decades, now the genie is out of the bottle and people are being forced to pick sides. Meanwhile, the democrats are holding a very slim caucus together and might make real political and electoral progress.

Lindsey Graham is equating Trump's action on Jan 6th and the prequel to Kamala Harris bailing out BLM rioters and is saying it in turn is an impeachable offence by the same standards... Sorry, as reprehensible as McConnell is, Graham has him slightly beaten.

Last edited:

A person familiar with the crafting of the statement confirmed that it could have been far worse. An earlier draft mocked McConnell for having multiple chins, the person said. But Trump was convinced by advisers to take it out.

“There was also a lot of repetitive stuff and definitely something about him having too many chins but not enough smarts,” the person said.

LOL, what a shitshow. At this point McConnell might as well have lobbied his caucus to convict, as Trump’s response is already pushing the limits.

This is pretty much the one time I hope McConnell prevails though. Ousting him on Donnie's incentive would crown Trump the King of GOP. He is already darn close to be honest, but it would be the final nail in the coffin.

Trump's statement is completely wrong thogh. McConnell is as far away as you get from a political hack.

RIP.

I feel sad because of radio. I never listened to him or American radio. But people from this circle dying feels like last pieces of former culture being wiped by sands of time. And I liked that culture.

RIP.

I feel sad because of radio. I never listened to him or American radio. But people from this circle dying feels like last pieces of former culture being wiped by sands of time. And I liked that culture.
The radio culture itself or the right-wing culture of Rush Limbaugh?

Yeah I know what he stood for but I don't have a stake in US politics so I don't really care. For me first association was radio.

Yeah I know what he stood for but I don't have a stake in US politics so I don't really care. For me first association was radio.
I get that, though mostly I listened to radio for sports and that has really gone downhill IMO over the past several years. I kind of see podcasts as the successor to what radio was .. but finding good ones is a bit tricky and finding crappy ones is insanely simple :)

I understand that. It was a simpler time.
I get that, though mostly I listened to radio for sports and that has really gone downhill IMO over the past several years. I kind of see podcasts as the successor to what radio was .. but finding good ones is a bit tricky and finding crappy ones is insanely simple :)
I love a good podcast, but I find my interest in them dwindling. Too often they devolve into the "two dudes talking" format, which I don't have time for, or incredibly-serialized fictional stories (for which I don't have the attention span).

I get that, though mostly I listened to radio for sports

I have memories of summer breaks and football games on the radio. The person running the show was very important. In case of a boring game his ad hoc comments would be priceless. If anything wasn't going on these people would make something because no one likes silence over the radio.

Even later on, when first league got taken off air and into IPTV, if pirate streams of local games were crap we'd turn on the radio.

This is an interesting development. Basically Dems are mad that Biden ordered an air strike without consulting congress. Imo this is the perfect opportunity to try and drum up bipartisan support to roll back presidential powers on this. Long overdue. If I was a conspiracy nut, I would say that Biden and the congress coordinated for this purpose.

A conspiracy nut? Hardly. This seems coordinated with the Iranians too, who were on the receiving end of this supposed attack.

b6b9e51e74d3460341739f0e055f7241e89247b5cdd18dd04afaaa8ad602c2b8.jpg

Looks like Cuomo is toast in NY .. and good riddance. His stupid nursing home policy with COVID should have done it. Wonder if he will have to give his Emmy back and I am guessing his "leadership" book will be on the $0.99 shelf shortly

This thread has been dead almost a month now? I can guarantee if Trump was still in office with the current stuff going on at the border, you would be all over it.

Back