USA Politics

LC might know more about this, but in my limited experience working in the U.S. Companies have work policies to ensure people from different backgrounds can coexist. That means a white supremacist sharing work space with a Black Panther member. If either one says/does something that ''offends'' the other they can be sacked, free speech or not.

As we've seen, free speech isn't supported by a lot of companies for fear of backlash and, of course, profits. Remember the white rally, "¨(They) will not replace us?" Some of those people were outed through social media and they were fired from their jobs.

Free speech, in a company? There's no such thing. Actually your supervisor can tell you to stfu as in do not open your mouth unless completely necessary and can fire you if you continue to waste company's time on non-related things such as politics of any kind.

Free speech, in a company? There's no such thing. Actually your supervisor can tell you to stfu as in do not open your mouth unless completely necessary and can fire you if you continue to waste company's time on non-related things such as politics of any kind.

Yup, Some will even fire you for something someone overheard during your BREAK.

As we've seen, free speech isn't supported by a lot of companies for fear of backlash and, of course, profits.
Free speech means that you generally cannot be criminally punished or silenced by law enforcement for peacefully expressing your opinion, even if it’s critical of people in power. It does not protect you from the social repercussions of your speech.

Free speech is exclusively inside the formal relationship of the individual and the law, not between individuals themselves. A citizen is eternally bound to the state, there needs to be a fixed protocol. Inside any human relationships, personal or corporate, there's no such thing - I cannot tell you to go fuck yourself if I expect us to remain friends, can I?

Free speech means you can say whatever you want.
Freedom of association means that if you say whatever you want and I think it's dumb, I don't have to spend time with you. That includes keeping you employed.

That's why when Steve King (R-IO) complains that his "freedom of speech" is being stifled because people are criticizing him, he is being an idiot (on top of being a Neo-Nazi). He has the freedom to say he believes in white supremacism all he wants in the USA. He also has the freedom for all the repercussions therein.

Free speech is exclusively inside the formal relationship of the individual and the law, not between individuals themselves. A citizen is eternally bound to the state, there needs to be a fixed protocol. Inside any human relationships, personal or corporate, there's no such thing - I cannot tell you to go fuck yourself if I expect us to remain friends, can I?

I've told and I've been told by my closest friends to go fuck myself/themselves. One of the tennents of true friendship.

I keep seeing news and stories about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez popping up, I think the conservative pundits made her into a star by calling her a dumb commie non-stop and giving her exposure.

I keep seeing news and stories about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez popping up, I think the conservative pundits made her into a star by calling her a dumb commie non-stop and giving her exposure.
Yep. She’s the boogeywoman of the right wing, both metaphorically and literally.

There’s a YouTuber called hbomberguy who started streaming Donkey Kong to raise money for a trans charity and it just blew up. AOC herself even stopped in. Quite fantastic stuff.

Map of sunlight in Europe, Iberian peninsula cutout

xNi2piG.png

Does it remind you of something?

Yep. Not surprising, too, because a suppression of that part of their life makes them more pissed when others come out.

Back