USA Politics

Re: USA Elections: Candidates Comparison

Help in Africa is often one of the last things on any western politicians to do list. 

In other news, I've read that former New York mayor R. Giuliani might not win first place in New York or Florida.  I'll pray he does not win majority; I do not like how he tried to take credit for all the hard work fire fighters did after 9/11.

Listen, Rudy Giuliani is a great man.  Didn't you know he led New York City after 9-11?  He's also great on economics.  His plan would increase the US's economy by 9 to 11 percent.  Similarly, he had reductions in crime.  In some areas of NYC, violent crime was down to 9-11% of its original rates when he took office.  However, he wasn't a very good prosecuter.  One year, he had a 9% overturn rate - 11 of his major convictions went free on appeal.

He's likely to win in Florida, if only barely, by 911 or so votes.

9-11.

I cannot say much about his economics policies.  OK I admit he did cut crime.  But, I'm predominately thinking about 9/11.  I've been reading many of his critics who say he'd let all the rescue workers down particularly the fire fighters.  It seems to me like he took the whole tragedy for his own glorious image, while not supporting the true heroes.  Many people jumped on the Rudy Giuliani bandwagon once Operah (sp?) announced him a national hero.  I find him fanatical and arrogant.  And what's with being to good to try and win votes in Michigan or Nevada and other states?  He only goes for the big votes.  So I'm biased as I'm virtually sweeping his anti-crime accomplishments under the rug, but he just rubs me the wrong way.

This reminds me of Metallica. Not hard working, still big, easy scoring and sometimes arrogant as well. ;)

Genghis Khan said:
I cannot say much about his economics policies.  OK I admit he did cut crime.  But, I'm predominately thinking about 9/11.  I've been reading many of his critics who say he'd let all the rescue workers down particularly the fire fighters.  It seems to me like he took the whole tragedy for his own glorious image, while not supporting the true heroes.  Many people jumped on the Rudy Giuliani bandwagon once Operah (sp?) announced him a national hero.  I find him fanatical and arrogant.  And what's with being to good to try and win votes in Michigan or Nevada and other states?  He only goes for the big votes.  So I'm biased as I'm virtually sweeping his anti-crime accomplishments under the rug, but he just rubs me the wrong way.

Dude, everything I wrote was a joke.  Giuliani constantly refers to 9/11 in all his speeches and stuff.  9-11.

I bet he references 9/11 at least 10 times per debate that he is in.  And, LC, you are correct, it doesn't matter the topic, it all has relation to 9/11.

"As far as illegal immigrants go, we had that issue when I showed what a great guy I was during 9/11." 

I really get to lauging when the Daily Show puts together a "9/11" blurb from a debate. 

LooseCannon said:
Dude, everything I wrote was a joke.  Giuliani constantly refers to 9/11 in all his speeches and stuff.  9-11.

I had an inkling when you wrote "don't you know" because usually you start sarcastic posts with that phrase, but then I kept reading and came up to the crime bit and figured that is true so you can't be kidding.  :)

That You Tube video Perun posted is funny in a scary way.  Was that a slip out of nervousness or is McCain just dumb?

wasted155 said:
I really get to lauging when the Daily Show puts together a "9/11" blurb from a debate. 

"It appears the first round of the debate goes to Rudy Giuliani.  The prize?  Oh, let's just say, nine hundred and eleven points."

Yes!!!  You got it on the first one!!  I don't know how many here watch that show, but it does score high on my list!!

@GK, he had to be nervous, 'cause he's not too bad a politician, as far as that species goes.  I'm not first on his bus, but he is (in my opinion) the best on the 'right' side of the box.

John McCain is a very smart man.  And I do think he'd be the best president from the Republicans.  However, having said that, the prospect of him as POTUS scares me because he is quite likely to die in office, and then what do you get?  Possibly Romney or Huckabee as POTUS.  Shiver.

@ LC: I just noticed that every sentence contains 9 and 11.  :bigsmile:
I'm slow.

wasted155 said:
Yes!!!  You got it on the first one!!  I don't know how many here watch that show, but it does score high on my list!!

@GK, he had to be nervous, 'cause he's not too bad a politician, as far as that species goes.  I'm not first on his bus, but he is (in my opinion) the best on the 'right' side of the box.

Do you have any clips with Giuliani's speech summaries?

I'll have to look, I couldn't find any off the cuff.  If I can locate one, I'll post it later tonite.  I think it was during one of the ep's last week, the day after a debate took place (S.C.?)

stay tuned...

Thanks.  I'd appreciate it.  I usually do not watch speeches of politicians I do not like, but only read the summaries.  There is more chance of a bias this way, but less chance of boredom.  :D

Dennis Kucinich has ended his bid to become president.  Now only Clinton, Obama, and Edwards remain.

@GK, here is a link that shows a clip about Rudy.  You have to scroll through the article, and towards the bottom is a video clip.  The article does a pretty good job of describing the clip.  The first 2(ish) min are about Rudy, make sure you watch his answer to the bit about Hillary crying.  The last part is an interview with someone that advises Rudy, and it is kind of funnny.

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Stewart_N ... _0109.html

http://digg.com/political_opinion/John_ ... p_Giuliani

I hope that worked!

Edit:  the second link is the one to the original site where i found the clip, my computer works wierd, so it didn't seem to be working for me when i clicked on it.  Let me know if you can't load it up.  Once, I just had to copy and paste it to make it work.... sorry. --you mite just have to be patient and let it do its 'thing'.
LooseCannon said:
Dennis Kucinich has ended his bid to become president.  Now only Clinton, Obama, and Edwards remain.

Did you see the clip of him singing 'sixteen tons'?  It was quite humorus!

And back to what you said about McCain, you are correct, those VP options are absolutely horrible!  He would have much better luck as a presidential candidate if he were to choose some one that hadn't been the running at all.  How funny would it be if he got Jeb Bush!?!  Of course, think what Joe Biden could do for him...

@ Wasted: I just read and watched everything from those two links.  I should start watching such TV as the Jon Stewart show on a regular basis; some of the stuff he says is pretty funny.  "We have Homer Simpson as a president".  Classic!

I did not realize there were so many parodies of 9/11 references by Giuliani.  Realistically, I never picked up on the fact that this could be parodied, after all, what experience has Giuliani except as mayor of New York during the city's greatest tragedy.  I would not mind his self-praising so much if I'd thought he deserved it.

Thanks.

Genghis Khan said:
after all, what experience has Giuliani except as mayor of New York during the city's greatest tragedy. 

That's for you to find out. ;)

Wasn't Clinton's observation: "That candidate has no experience, so vote for me with my teary eye"?

I only wanted to stir up this topic a bit. I guess he has some experience.

Back