USA Politics

Meanwhile, Pete Buttigieg is getting a lot of coverage lately and seems to be trying to go for Biden’s lane, minus the baggage.
A 39 year old gay man going for Biden's lane. Not sure the country is quite ready, but he's definitely unique.

A black president followed by an orange president and possibly followed a gay president. The United States of America truly promotes equality and diversity.

In some ways I think running as a gay white man in this race is less of a liability than, say, a black woman.

I don't think being black or gay is an impediment. However, an orange...
Also this guy has been a major of a city called South Bend, so with the word "butt" in his name I see many shitty memes on the horizon.

Oh no! Think of all the illegal immigrants who will lose their jobs as a result!

They'll be fine, they can always go to a 5 Guys, Panda Express, Jack in the Box, Wendy's, McDonald's, Carl's Jr., Hardy's, Smash Burger, Denny's, IHOP, Olive Garden, Applebee's, if they're lucky Red Lobster, Outback Steakhouse, Black Angus Steakhouse, any steakhouse, any restaurant in need of cooks, bus boys, dishwashers, cleaning crew and they know enough English host and or server....

Iran sent folks to Venezuela to discuss direct flights... Russia and Iran in Venezuela... I'm sure it's just tea and crumpets.

I get that Calgary is a bit of a different animal, but Trudeau cannot be thrilled with the election results there. It was a massacre

I get that Calgary is a bit of a different animal, but Trudeau cannot be thrilled with the election results there. It was a massacre
Yeah. Sad, really. The UCP is not a good party, and I have suspicions they will damage the province. But in terms of vote count, it's in line with previous elections in AB - AB is 65% conservative in most elections. Return to the status quo.

“With respect to whether the President can be found to have obstructed justice by exercising his powers under Article II of the Constitution, we concluded that Congress has the authority to prohibit a President’s corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice.”
-The Mueller Report

In other words - we can't indict a sitting president, but Congress can.

So Trump didn’t not obstruct justice. The evidence of a crime is there, but the political will to do anything about it is not. Imo the best course of action is still to beat Trump in 2020 and then let the state of New York indict him.

In other news, have you guys checked out Bernie’s town hall? He’s not my favorite candidate, not even in my top three, but if he puts on the same sort of performance during the debates he is going to easily win the nomination and crush Trump in the general. That was a masterclass of politics and really impressed me even as a Bernie skeptic. He easily dodged all the attempts at gotcha questions (it was on Fox News) and he was able to present his ideas in a way that seemed feasible and made sense to a general audience. Most importantly, he delivered to a rust belt audience, where Obama voters switching to Trump handed him the election. That region is Trump’s only path to victory. I’ve talked about Bernie before and I’ve been very critical of him and his chances of winning, but I’m starting to rethink my position on that.

The primary has taken some interesting turns and the first debates are fast approaching. A ton of candidates are polling below 1% including some who should be doing better.

april1.png

The surge from Mayor Pete is really surprising. I’ve even heard rumors that the democratic establishment is looking to get behind him, which isn’t necessarily a bad idea. Not including Joe Biden, I see 5 major players in this race.

If I was to make a prediction (which is a foolish thing to do this early), I’d say Bernie, Beto, Pete, Harris, Warren, Yang, Gabbard make it to Iowa. Yang has no realistic chance but he has a devoted following and has probably has enough money to go into the convention to act as a sort of spoiler. Tulsi’s campaign isn’t going well but she has the most potential of any of the below 5% candidates of increasing her profile after a debate. Warren and Harris drop out after losing MA and California respectively. I kinda think Beto will drop out in time to run for senate again, same with Hickenlooper. The race will ultimately come down to Bernie vs Mayor Pete. The VP will obviously be a woman, either Kamala Harris or maybe even Stacy Abrams.

I’m not mentioning Biden in any of this cause he’s a total wild card. I’m not convinced he’s actually going to run and if he does I don’t think he will be the powerhouse people are expecting. He’s obviously concerned about the toil of a presidential campaign so I don’t expect him to even make it to Iowa unless he has a real shot. He’s polling fine now but that will change when the debates start and the public really gets to know the candidates.

Last edited:
april1.png

The surge from Mayor Pete is really surprising. I’ve even heard rumors that the democratic establishment is looking to get behind him, which isn’t necessarily a bad idea. Not including Joe Biden, I see 5 major players in this race.

If I was to make a prediction (which is a foolish thing to do this early), I’d say Bernie, Beto, Pete, Harris, Warren, Yang, Gabbard make it to Iowa. Yang has no realistic chance but he has a devoted following and has probably has enough money to go into the convention to act as a sort of spoiler. Tulsi’s campaign isn’t going well but she has the most potential of any of the below 5% candidates of increasing her profile after a debate. Warren and Harris drop out after losing MA and California respectively. I kinda think Beto will drop out in time to run for senate again, same with Hickenlooper. The race will ultimately come down to Bernie vs Mayor Pete. The VP will obviously be a woman, either Kamala Harris or maybe even Stacy Abrams.

I’m not mentioning Biden in any of this cause he’s a total wild card. I’m not convinced he’s actually going to run and if he does I don’t think he will be the powerhouse people are expecting. He’s obviously concerned about the toil of a presidential campaign so I don’t expect him to even make it to Iowa unless he has a real shot. He’s polling fine now but that will change when the debates start and the public really gets to know the candidates.
The last item on the horizontal axis reminds me of this:
CPcXbbLWwAAD3Px.jpg

Last edited:
Back