USA Politics

He will have tough sledding this time ... last time it was pretty much just him versus Hillary, so he got the general protest vote, the "do not like Hillary vote" and the running to the left of her vote. It is a crowded field this time, he has plenty of company on the left, and there is no Hillary this time. He will get a decent amount of votes, but he will have a tough time winning many, if any, states.

Yep. Add in his past positions and I think he has too much baggage to make it far. Like Biden, but at least Biden has the bonus of being Obama's VP where Bernie couldn't beat the most flawed Democratic candidate since George Wallace.

I’m putting Bernie, Biden, and Warren in the Chris Christie “missed their chance” lane. The party, and country, has moved on.

I’m putting Bernie, Biden, and Warren in the Chris Christie “missed their chance” lane. The party, and country, has moved on.
Yup

52308641_2700868509954900_4430612473560694784_n.jpg

LOL

I think Warren has a legitimate chance compared to Biden and Bernie, but I think she'll probably get squeezed out by Kamala.

I've said this before but I don't think there’s any way Warren recovers from the Native American debacle.

I do not think so either ... and really her claim to "fame" is she is a woman and she is running from the left. There are others doing that same that, so far, do not have as much public baggage

I do not think so either ... and really her claim to "fame" is she is a woman and she is running from the left. There are others doing that same that, so far, do not have as much public baggage
Nah, that's not true. Warren became the poster child for opposing big banks and Wall Street following the 2008 collapse and she's quite famous for it in the Democratic party. She's carefully crafted her brand from that aspect, and the woman aspect came in when Mitch McConnell started really pushing her out in committee and Senate meetings. She's not a lightweight, she just has the Native American baggage. Without that she'd be primed to steal the Bernie lane, as it is it's more likely both will falter, but I would be cautious before excluding her.

Nah, that's not true. Warren became the poster child for opposing big banks and Wall Street following the 2008 collapse and she's quite famous for it in the Democratic party. She's carefully crafted her brand from that aspect, and the woman aspect came in when Mitch McConnell started really pushing her out in committee and Senate meetings. She's not a lightweight, she just has the Native American baggage. Without that she'd be primed to steal the Bernie lane, as it is it's more likely both will falter, but I would be cautious before excluding her.

You really cannot exclude anyone out, but she has a tough path to go given the field, I am not sure her age (same with Bernie) does not help, electability is an issue with her baggage and the history of the last 40 years of Democrats from Mass. Could she win the nomination, sure .. but I think it is very unlikely

We won't really know until the votes start coming in...it's going to be a really interesting early primary. So many people are in now, and more to come.

Of the three I mentioned Warren probably has the best chance but the way I see it there are so many strong candidates in a crowded field and Trump is looking increasingly weak. I don’t think the dna test thing ruins Warren, but it highlights some political weaknesses and Dems can’t afford to mess this up. There are plenty of options here.

I do, too.

I think Trump's edge comes more from general current attitudes expressed in American society (and Western society in general) than actual political dynamics like policy-making or electoral candidates.

I still think Trump will get re-elected.

I think the odds are with him at this point .. but impossible to tell until we see who the opponent is and how far to the left they get dragged in the primary .. and my guess is pretty far. No one that runs as a centerist has any shot at winning the nomination this time around

I think the odds are with him at this point .. but impossible to tell until we see who the opponent is and how far to the left they get dragged in the primary .. and my guess is pretty far. No one that runs as a centerist has any shot at winning the nomination this time around
Are there any Democrats you would vote for to get rid of Trump?

Back