USA Politics

If Trump's popularity craters, he'll be begged by the Senate to go and not make them vote on it. Hell, they could even kick him out of the Republican party, first.

If Trump's popularity craters, he'll be begged by the Senate to go and not make them vote on it. Hell, they could even kick him out of the Republican party, first.

I think it’s possible that the RNC would withdraw support and nominate a different candidate in 2020 if his popularity completely craters. This happened to Franklin Pierce in the 1856 election.

Given we’re on 2019’s doorstep already and the wheels of justice move slowly, however, I don’t see the GOP taking the moral high ground on removing Trump between now and the end of his term. I could be wrong and it’d be an interesting anomaly if they did.

Trump is like America’s Brexit — enough voters thought they wanted it and now we’re more or less stuck with that decision.

Trump is like America’s Brexit — enough voters thought they wanted it and now we’re more or less stuck with that decision.

GM just laid off a bunch of folk and surprise surprise, middle America feels lied to, well no shit Clyde.

It’s more the optics of the situation. The allegations of collusion are complicated and it’s hard to know what to believe. It’s not that he would be convicted for the pee tape, but you’d probably see the public starting to believe that other things in the dossier are true and that some sort of collusion did occur.

The secret meetings between his attorney and son with the Russians, the fact the Russians burned documents before leaving the country, the Russian bots that trolled misinformation leading up to the election.... The pee tape/Stormy Daniels subplot is the least of his worries.

...and that's the single thought I had after writing my post.

Together with this playing in the mental background

:lol::applause: Yup, I thought about the same thing. "I don't think he did it! I want video evidence, the girl clearly seen and she needs to be holding her ID up for verification." lol

Really interesting - Michael Cohen had a trip planned to Russia in 2016; he cancelled it the same day the WaPo broke the Russian hack of the DNC story.

Mr. Mueller seems to have been working very diligently during the midterms.

“It’s a porous border, not just for people and goods but for ideas.”

Canada should build a wall. But a proper one, don't make it out of timber plz.

Anecdotally, I can tell you that we see more hate crimes in Ottawa the last year than in any year I've lived here. Ontario, I think, got the double-whammy this year - Mr. Trump & co. setting the new norms and Mr. Ford playing into such things. Still, we had a tiny percentage so in terms of numbers it's not that many more. I think they're up the world round.

Back