USA Politics

The thing is, Foro, the assertion that "The 2016 election was only about Trump vs Clinton" is your own conclusion. I'm not saying whether that's a correct assessment or not, but you're projecting that conclusion to everyone else's decision making process. Some viewed Trump and Clinton as different shades of black and that the result would be a disaster either way, and chose to vote for the candidate that they genuinely liked but had no shot of winning.

There are times where the "lesser of two evils" situation consists of a dark grey option and a black option and going with dark grey is the wiser move. I think you see it that way with Clinton, though I'm not sure if you view her as a bad candidate at all, but some didn't. You're entitled to feeling the way you do, but do not assume everyone had the same decision making process as you did. That's what you're doing with the "libertarians who voted for Gary Johnson thought rather Trump than Clinton" assertion.
Perun looked at these two people. He compared them. So did I. I made a connection to this forum with my post, because there was a lot of criticism directed at Clinton, and not so much on Trump, by these same people, about the same matters. What people voted does not really matter in this light. It's purely about what people have said on this forum. Connor and others may say I don't know them. But people their posts are pretty revealing. It does not take rocket science to see how selective people are in their criticism towards these two persons.

Last edited:
Yep
43732115_10157767468122004_3899722733017104384_n.jpg

Reactions: Jer
There was a drive by shooting 2 minutes from my house that left 3 wounded. It was determined as being gang-related. Today sucks.

I'm beginning to like Axl a lot more lately.

https://twitter.com/axlrose/status/1056736856455372800
Vote Blue... Bitches!!
1f1fa-1f1f8.png
1f535.png
1f537.png
1f499.png

DqpIkVbVsAA4nl2.jpg

He shared this as well, check out this vid:
This is why Republican lawmakers feared doing healthcare townhalls.
https://twitter.com/Khanoisseur/status/1053531494101196800
Man in video: "You do not buy health insurance the same way you buy a car, the same way as a house! This is the point! Because health insurance as a for-profit is immoral! When I'm drowning and you insist that I pay before you're saving me, that is immoral sir!"

I can only add that this is one of the reasons why I'd say America is a fucked up nation. It is too fucking full of people who tolerate this sort of immoral madness.

Last edited:
Reagan was a pretty well known actor .. but to politics, I seem to remember him being Governor of California for 8 years before being President ... which is more actual governmental experience than the last 2 Presidents combined easily

I find it amusing that many people who are telling him to stick to music as a response simultaneously consider an actor (Reagan) as the golden standard for presidency, and currently support a reality show presenter (Trump).
Not to mention that Ronald Reagan would be considered a pinko lefty by today’s Republican party and would never win a Republican primary.

Not to mention that Ronald Reagan would be considered a pinko lefty by today’s Republican party and would never win a Republican primary.

You can say the same about Bill Clinton and the Dems if he ran like he did before .. and add in all the #metoo stuff ... times change, not always for the better

Reagan was a pretty well known actor .. but to politics, I seem to remember him being Governor of California for 8 years before being President ... which is more actual governmental experience than the last 2 Presidents combined easily
Reagan was also President of the Actor's Guild for years.

Neither of those points prove my point wrong though. Reagan was an actor who didn't "stick to acting" and became a successful politician, so the Republicans telling Axl to stick to music are being hypocrites.

Back