USA Politics

Looks like Ross for Commerce, excellent pick. Ricketts (part owner of the Cubs) as a key Deputy. Looking like Carson for HUD. I am mixed on Carson, his life story is incredible, he has done a lot of good for a lot of people in the world of medicine. On the other hand, he has some odd views. But in HUD, most of the odd views really do not come into play and he is someone who came from an area where HUD certainly focuses on and made himself a great life. We'll see how that goes.

Or just an entry permission. As a German, I didn't have to apply for visa, but I still had to answer all these questions.

Hope you did not lie on the Nazi question :) .. though I guess that should go away soon .. not too many folks left from Jan 20 1933 to May 8 1945 that would have been of age to join

People keep joking about that, but giving a wrong answer even out of jest is a serious offence and gets you in a lot of trouble. Not that I didn't get into trouble traveling to the US, but that's a different story.

These guys have no sense of humor. I brought back a salami from Budapest .. really good. Got confiscated on return because the Hungarian laws are somehow critically different for food prep. I was pissed, told the guy we were lucky to make it back to the US having to trample over all the dead Hungarians on the way back to the airport, all of them with a salami in their hand ... Then he started in on some lecture about food safety, I walked away in the middle of it ... was about to say something along the lines of "you fat fuck, I bet you eat all this stuff you confiscate" .. but my wife told me to let it go .. probably a good move and probably something I would have spewed out being really tired from the flight home.

It id discouraging that our embassies look like fortresses in European countries, I get the need for security, but I think it and some of the entry stuff leaves the impression we are not in favor of tourists coming over and we make it harder than it should be.

Not just U.S embassies. The Israeli embassy in Mexico City is heavily fortified too, which makes no sense to me, I didn't even know it was there until one of their guards stopped me to question me why I was walking, yeah... walking, by it. Told him I was going to a friends house, that's it. He said ok, went back to his post, freaking odd.

The U.S. embassy in Croatia is the only one having a compound, military-style buildings, as a fortified complex outside of Zagreb.
Everyone else, you know, has some flat space in a nice building somewhere downtown. Russia too. And China.
That's of course understandable because our arch enemy, the U.S., feels it needs to be fortified on our soil, while our strategic allies the Russians and Chinese can mingle with the population freely.

Working in US embassy here is my dream job, mainly because it's built like a fortress, would be a perfect place to end up in in case of zombie apocalypse :P

The old one is also pretty good, but it's in the center of the city; which is why it was replaced, it was damaged in protests a lot so they had to board up all the windows.

Forostar, surely not? Outrageous. They should act like the Americans, use global channels to reach out, motivate and provide incentives!

So now Mr. Trump iis claiming that he would've won the popular vote as well, hadn't it been for massive voter fraud ... good grief, can't the man accept anything that goes against him without throwing accusations around?

So now Mr. Trump iis claiming that he would've won the popular vote as well, hadn't it been for massive voter fraud ... good grief, can't the man accept anything that goes against him without throwing accusations around?
The whole "election fraud" accusations from both sides us becoming farcical. Before the election, Trump suggested vote rigging and the Dems said there isn't. After the election, suggestions of rigging have been made and recounts requested. I'm embarrassed for all concerned.

Trump appointed Mitch McConnell's wife (Elaine Chow) to a cabinet post (Transportation). Shrewd move politically, suggests that he is building bridges to Republican establishment.

Back