USA Politics

You're welcome. I think showed quite well what went wrong (and what is going wrong). I realize that I can't convince everybody out here. I don't really need to.
Voicing my thoughts on this misery can be good enough as well.

Perhaps more tomorrow. More laughs, who knows?

I probably should not post from my phone because it comes off worse than I intended.

I found it amusing you complained about Politico then come back with an op ed as fact

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

I feel that this guy has some good points. I almost closed it down after a min or so but I'm glad I watched it all :)
I wish people like Al Sharpton and other popular black celebrities would give speeches similar to the 2 videos I posted. Then again, they'd probably be hated for it and be called uncle toms. It could wake some people up though.

I don't know about who should do what about whatever, but that guy is talking sense...( I mean the YouTuber talking about Responsi-damn-bility!)

I can only speak for the guy who talks about responsibility but...in none of what he said is race even important. He talks about personal responsibility! Maybe you want to watch it again a few times Travis....

One of the very first things he says is: "This one's going out SPECIFICALLY to my BLACK people".

Also, please take time to watch the other one. It's really powerful and a bit funny at times.

Both of them talk about the way most black people are and how they need to take responsibility and change their ways and to stop blaming the white man and to get over the days of slavery and what happened 50 years ago and move on from it.

I notice a lot of people who are supporting what happened with this case and such keep bringing up slavery. The people rioting aren't upset because they had ancestors who were slaves, they're upset because they feel like they still aren't treated equally. Slavery has nothing to do with that, it's a red herring.

But they are treated equally and if they're not, they bring it upon themselves from the way they are and act. There's probably a lot about this we'll just have to agree to disagree on. Anyway, if you haven't taken the time to watch the 2 videos I posted please do so and you'll see exactly how I feel about all of this.

None of this matters anyway because chances are very good that nothing is ever going to change in our lifetime. Plus, the impact any of this has on my life is so indirect that it doesn't affect me in any way.

Does that mean we're done talking about Ferguson? Good. Shhh, no one tell Foro about Cleveland. :p
Who knows. I don't find it exactly a boring topic. I estimate that the deafening silence on this means that we all (finally) agree that things happened in a wrong and unfair way. Defending Ferguson's police and justice system (and prosecutor) (at least in relation to the Brown/Wilson case) has become quite impossible by now, but you never know what kind of rabbit (or turkey) will come out of someone's hat.

Last edited:
I don't think you, or me, or even that Republican politico.com is qualified to judge that amount of documents, and definitely not within such a short time. To fabricate a story is something journalists are good in, but it would suit them better if they notice how unusual this procedure (which I do not trust) has been.

But we should all believe left wing Huffingtonpost and that settles it. That is what is so funny.

But they are treated equally and if they're not, they bring it upon themselves from the way they are and act.
This is factually untrue. The videos you posted both have a lovely kernel of truth to them, which is that there is an onus on the individual person to not act in a way that provokes negative attention. Lots of people do this, and that's right. But Travis, you're making a false assumption that this applies to all situations. The fact is that black people are not treated the same.

One of my favourite writers has written about the topic extensively, pulling from a book called The New Jim Crow which explains how the USA is creating a permanent underclass of criminals.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/03/01/americas-racist-criminal-justice-system/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/03/14/americas-racist-criminal-justice-system-part-2/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/03/16/americas-racist-criminal-justice-system-part-3/

Ed is an extreme civil libertarian. You might not like his stance on left-right things, but he is a very intellectually consistent writer who calls out Obama as much as he does the GOP. This is a clear evidence-based argument.

This is factually untrue. The videos you posted both have a lovely kernel of truth to them, which is that there is an onus on the individual person to not act in a way that provokes negative attention. Lots of people do this, and that's right. But Travis, you're making a false assumption that this applies to all situations. The fact is that black people are not treated the same.

One of my favourite writers has written about the topic extensively, pulling from a book called The New Jim Crow which explains how the USA is creating a permanent underclass of criminals.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/03/01/americas-racist-criminal-justice-system/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/03/14/americas-racist-criminal-justice-system-part-2/
http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2012/03/16/americas-racist-criminal-justice-system-part-3/

Ed is an extreme civil libertarian. You might not like his stance on left-right things, but he is a very intellectually consistent writer who calls out Obama as much as he does the GOP. This is a clear evidence-based argument.

The war on drugs has been a disaster, as has pretty much every "war on whatever"

The war on drugs has been a disaster, as has pretty much every "war on whatever"
We agree on this. But that doesn't surprise you either. And not only has it been a disaster, it's been a savage, racist disaster that has ruined countless lives and wasted billions and billions.

Back