UK Politics

I think at this point even the most ideological conservative would have had enough of the endless incompetence the Tories have been delivering. The bar is so low currently and they keep finding a way to limbo under it !
It's become about ticking boxes of Tory gripes and wish lists. Boxes that aren't compatible with each other.

Be anti-EU. Tick.
Cut taxes (especially of wealthy). Tick.
Be measly about welfare. Tick.
Support unrealistic house price rises. Tick
Turn nose up at renewable energy. Tick
Derestrict house building and private rentals. Tick.
Cut costs/staff in public sector. Tick.
Attack anything vaguely centrist or left of centre, even if it makes good sense. Tick.
Drop the populist nonsense except where it relates to pretentious white people. Tick.
Improve service in public sector. (Tick if you believe the stats)
Claim to be dealing with energy crisis and prioritising economic growth ahead of all else....er?

Anyone up for a new UK politics thread? This was originally a Brexit referendum discussion thread that's been dragged out a long way, and I remember there was some opposition to the European Politics thread being bombarded with UK politics.

This thread probably can be renamed the UK politics thread. I mean, Brexit is one of the reasons why we are suffering this endless Tory shitfest, isn’t it?

The quote I use in my signature never gets old!

No prizes given for guessing what he is called by many people working in the NHS thanks to his stint as Health Secretary and the brutal impact of the austerity cuts championed by Cameron et al...

Last edited:
Some, but I bet even plenty of his own party call him that!

The latest addition to the dictionary of Cockney rhyming slang.

Apparently Suella Braverman has stood down or been fired or something. Which is great as she’s awful but also raises the question…what the fuck is going on?

It seems she has used a personal email for sensitive government communications. Furthermore, it looks as if the cabinet were not willing to be as xenophobic as her and she has thrown a hissy fit.

PM is about to make a statement outside no.10. The lettuce is looking increasingly bullish about it's prospects

• Haha
Reactions: Jer
Oh my bloody god she's gone. Well yet another leadership election is due. Which is ridiculous. Ring the changes, lets have a general election. There's no other way

Back