UK Politics

Liz 'let's go full right wing and teach the peasants a lesson' Truss is PM. I always had a feeling there were even worse things ghan Boris. Let's see if she ditches the cabinet in favour of even less credible cronies.

Good luck with that. With the polling and impact of Brexit/Russian energy cuts, there's almost no chance you see an election until 2025.

Liz 'let's go full right wing and teach the peasants a lesson' Truss is PM. I always had a feeling there were even worse things ghan Boris. Let's see if she ditches the cabinet in favour of even less credible cronies.

It beggars belief that our next PM has been elected by 57.8% of the roughly ~160000 members of the Conservative party (that membership represents 0.4% of the electorate). They tend to be old, overwhelmingly upper and middle class, white, male, southern and very right wing and Eurosceptic.

Let the shit show continue!

There's an increasingly obvious issue here. The Tories are immovable no matter what they do, and they're just fighting among themselves and jumping on whatever the dominant narrative of the day is, which isn't necessarily even in agreement with the majority of their voters.

Currently it's all 'Covid restrictions were an unnecessary waste of money and we need to repay the lot now'. Wonder if that inquiry into deaths in care homes and medical settings will still go ahead now.

Dim Lizzy won't last the winter. She's more useless than a chocolate kettle. And she's only got idiots to choose from in picking her cabinet.

Dim Lizzy won't last the winter. She's more useless than a chocolate kettle. And she's only got idiots to choose from in picking her cabinet.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's hoping there will be a change of government soon. People seem to be awakening now and this lady probably sums up the result of the last 12 years of Tory rule better than most.

Didn't people say Boris was the end of the current Conservative innings, and he wouldn't last five minutes?

Wish they would sort their party out

Didn't people say Boris was the end of the current Conservative innings, and he wouldn't last five minutes?

Wish they would sort their party out

Wishful thinking. It seems she has chosen the shittiest of the shit for her cabinet.

Last edited:
The Queen has died after 70 years on the throne. Might seem ridiculous but I do feel upset. She worked till the day she died, appointing her last Prime Minister just days ago.

Now we have a King.

I don’t know. I felt she didn’t let go enough. Since years already. She could have let Charles appoint the PM, for one.

Back