UEFA EURO 2016

Which country will you root for?

• Total voters
I've been calculating a little and this is what my guesses are (at least considering group phase)

GROUP A
Going forward: France (7-9), Switzerland (7-9)
Going home: Romania (3), Albania (0)
France and Switzerland go throught with 2 or 3 wins, Romania very likely as a 3rd.

GROUP B
Going forward:
England (9), Russia (6)
Going home: Wales (1), Slovakia (1)
I was a bit surprised when I saw England roll-call list, but I still think they can win easily first 3 games. I predict match WAL-SLO is going to have less than 10 attempts on goal (both teams, both halftimes)

GROUP C
Going forward:
Germany (6), Poland (6)
Going home: Ukraine (4), N. Ireland (4)
I think this one is going to be tricky. Germany didn't do well throught the qualifiers, but should pass the group stage without problem. However, one of those 3 could take a win against Germany. N. Ireland maybe has the smallest chance to pass the group stage. Poland will pass however, either as a 2nd or a 3rd.

GROUP D
Going forward: Spain (7), Croatia (7), Turkey (3)
Going home: Czech (0)
Spain definitaly goes throught, Croatia also and Turkey if they defeat Czech and have good goal differencies

GROUP E
Going forward/home:
Belgium (?), Italy (?), Republic of Ireland (?), Sweden (?)
Anything can happen here Italy is always bad on the begining of the tournaments and this time it could cost them. However, I think from this group only 2 will go forward, since every team is going to have at least one lose/draw. I can only say that Belgium has the highest chance of passing the group.

GROUP F
Going forward:
Austria (7-9), Portugal (7-9)
Going home: Iceland (0-3), Hungary (0-3)
Whole Potugal team depends on 2 players which is probably going to cost them later in the cup. Austria could easily be 1st, but I really don't know what to think about Iceland and/or Hungary. Hungary squeezed into Euro, Iceland didn't do well in qualifiers.

I will root for Germany. And will wish the pest upon Italy. Hope they fail the first round.

I updated the first post with all the squads :)

And also opened a poll! You can vote for 2 countries (so that you may pick yours + one more). I'll root for England and Belgium.

I hope Italy fails (I usually root for them), 'cause Conte didn't call up Bonaventura and is biased against Milan and Napoli and for Juventus players <_< Called up Juventus' benchwarmer Sturaro who never played for the national team and only played 19 games in the league this season (11 starts - 1 goal) but not Bonaventura who had 6 goals and 10 assists <_<

Voted Turkey and France.

We have a very good midfield with Arda Turan, Hakan Çalhanoğlu and Oğuzhan Özyakup but our defense is godawful so can't expect a lot. With that being said, Turkey has overachieved multiple times in past tournaments so you never know.

I would like to have voted for England, but I only have two votes, so I chose Italy and Germany.

so I chose Italy and Germany.

giphy.gif

How you can cheer for that kind of team, I will never understand.

I mean, yes every team dives etc, but Italy ist a complete scumbag squad in that regard.

2006 just put them over the top in quality assholery (yes I made this word up)

They just advanced against Australia with cheap stuff, even complained to the fifa for suspending a player (about a match hey weren't even part of)

Gotta stop thinking about them, blood pressure is on the rise

Italy isn't a team that I care for, but their diving usually isn't the reason why. Their boring displays are.

If there's a team to hate because of their diving, it's Spain. And this for some reason applies to every team sport. Do they teach diving/flopping lessons in Spanish sports clubs?

Back