Twilight Zone

How good is Twilight Zone on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Twilight Zone' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'twilight Zone'

it is intresting that according to nicko, birch was away when they were recording this song so they produced it theirselves. i hear no particular difference than the rest of the album in sound, but it certainly might have "sweetened" steve to the idea of becoming a producer (one of the flaws of current maiden!)

'twilight Zone'

Great song. Absolutely fantastic. The lyrics and Di'annos' voice make me cry. It's just brilliant. Maybe over reacted, but i gave it 5 stars

'twilight Zone'

Not necessarily one of my faves on the album. Not bad, but nothing outstanding to be found here.

'twilight Zone'

hmm, am I the only one who thinks that Paul sounds a bit like Paul Stanley on the high screams ("can't you see me?"). Not really one of my favourites - 2,5

Daily Song: Twilight Zone

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Twilight Zone

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

I can't really think of anything to say about this song; it's a total non-entity for me. Meh. 4/10.

Re: Daily Song: Twilight Zone

Not much to say, except this may be Maiden's most nondescript track.
Like the way Paul's voice sounds on the chorus, but there's really not a lot going on here.
I voted six, but it could have easily been a five.

Clean 10, best of Killers, one of my top three of Di'Anno era.

The first in the series of Murray/Harris duo collaborations is a fine, catchy and very -untypically for Killers- melodic song. One of my favourite choruses with Paul.

This song has a nice energy to it and it tells a nice story, but it's really nothing special. If it weren't there, you wouldn't miss it. 6/10.

Incidentally, I guess most of us haven't had a good look at the single cover. Riggsy's recent upload on his website reveals some details that might be interesting for Maiden nerds: Check out the dedication on the picture on the girl's desk: http://derek.server311.com/riggsart/Pag ... ers02.html

I had to listen to this song to remember it.  Completely forgettable and not really worth the listen, but I don't completely hate it either.  A 3.

Almost exactly like Invader said. I had to go and relisten to this song to determine why I didn't like it and I couldn't really find anything. And, 45minutes later I couldn't actually sing any part of the song. Meh. 4.

I can almost not believe that people who hold Maiden as their dearest band give such low grades (for any era track at all). From now on I'll follow which songs get the worst credit (votes lower than 4).

Here are the ones, the date is 8-9-2010:

Already 8 out of 17 songs were put on the cross by some of us:

Innocent Exile: one 2 and one 1
Sanctuary: one 3 and one 1
Iron Maiden: one 1
Genghis Khan: one 1
Charlotte the Harlot: three 3’s
Prowler: one 3
Ides of March: one 3
Another Life: one 3

It's just opinions Foro, wait til we get to Fear of the Dark and a few 3's will be submitted by me. :)

7/10: Very good song and one of Murray's better efforts. I do remember seeing the Killers album on vinyl whilst on holiday in France (way back in 1982ish) and I could of sworn Twilight Zone was on this. I could have been wrong, but I swear to it.

A 3 is really, really low...

I know it's just opinions, but I still may be surprised by it. This isn't the Elton John forum.  :D
I can already hear the people thinking (and saying): we don't have to love everything the band has done.
No, I am not advocating that we have to give a 10 for every song. It's just that I'm amazed to see such low grades. I for one am glad that I don't feel such disgust when playing a Maiden album.

I do, but it's reserved the "The Apparition".

I've got a couple of 1s, 2s and 3s reserved. But I'm also thinking to myself, this is all relative to the rest of the Maiden discography, not the rest of the music world.

Back