Twilight Zone

How good is Twilight Zone on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Twilight Zone

Yeah, what Perun said. I've been fairly harsh on Killers because it is my least favorite album and I have one 1 to give before the end of the album (hello, Drifter) but I'm trying my best to give a 1 for the worst Maiden song, not for the worst song ever, otherwise most of Maiden's song's would be at 7+.

Perun said:
I've got a couple of 1s, 2s and 3s reserved. But I'm also thinking to myself, this is all relative to the rest of the Maiden discography, not the rest of the music world.

Of course I do compare with other songs as well, but since I find hardly any really terrible weak Maiden songs (in the shape of a 3 or lower) in the catalogue, that's exactly the reason why I am not going to give such numbers.

Jonszat said:
but I'm trying my best to give a 1 for the worst Maiden song

I don't find this so necessary.
A teacher doesn't have to give his worst student a 1 either, only because he's the worst student.

Even the worst Maiden song I would give only a 2. But most Maiden songs deserve far more. The point of this exercise is to gauge how subjectively people rank this stuff.

Forostar said:
Of course I do compare with other songs as well, but since I find hardly any really terrible weak Maiden songs (in the shape of a 3 or lower) in the catalogue, that's exactly the reason why I am not going to give such numbers.

I do. The Apparition and Hooks in You spring to mind.

Great and beautiful harmonies, which bear a lot of sadness and melancholy making a counterpoint to the desparate and kinda excited carachter trying to get his message through to his grilfriend on this plane of existence. 8.

LooseCannon said:
The Assassin. Chains of Misery. New Frontier.

The Assassin is alright, Chains of Misery is actually pretty good, and New Frontier is... weak.

Albie said:
7/10: Very good song and one of Murray's better efforts. I do remember seeing the Killers album on vinyl whilst on holiday in France (way back in 1982ish) and I could of sworn Twilight Zone was on this. I could have been wrong, but I swear to it.

My Killers vinyl purchased in Canada in about 1982 has this song. What versions don't?

I don't think any Maiden song is shit, but some are far better than others.
I've tried to use the following scale:
10: rare, all-time classic, even by Maiden standards — I don't expect to give out more than a dozen or so.
9: a great, great song, a 10 by almost any other band
8: an excellent song
7: a good song — I expect a majority of Maiden tracks fall in the 7 to 9 range
6: a decent song — like it, don't love it.
5: meh
4: don't like it

Very few Maiden songs are five or four, and I doubt I'll give any threes or lower because I can't think of any Maiden song I would get up to turn off.

8/10  I've been giving Killers a huge listen so I'm surprised to give this such a high rating.  But maybe I'm just getting used to it. 

8 out of 10... The only thing compelling me to rate it this high is Paul's vocal performance. I think the chorus saves what is otherwise a rather mediocre effort.

I love the main riff in this song. I find it quite underrated and I think it would've been great on the early days tour. 9/10

Underrated song! It's short, but quality>quantity, right? The riff is catchy, and the chorus is great. 8/10

Back