Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK after much thinking and Trooper beer, I have made my decision. Dave's ATG solo is my FAVORITE solo by him, however......... I want to follow the rules of the game. Dave's intro solo on Powerslave is very beautiful AND so intregal to the whole song and that whole middle solo section, especially leading into Adrian's solo, which is one of my favorites. so I have to give it the nod. This was a very difficult decision to make. I don't know how many times I have air -guitared to Dave's ATG solo........

Very similar for me: this is my #2 & #3 favourite Dave solos up against each other. This is tough.

This is interesting. What is your favorite Dave solo, then?

ON Topic: These two are my two favorite Dave and Iron Maiden solos. Honestly, ATG is my #1 and Powerslave is #2, mostly because I usually rate these two solos based on how they sound in their respective songs.
However, as standalone pieces, matched one against another, Powerslave sounds better - with a tiny margin (50.5 - 49.5)

My god, what a tough choice. Davey's ATG solo is beautiful and the final lick sends my mind up towards the stars. But his Powerslave solo is one of the iconic moments of metal. My heart went ATG and my soul went Powerslave. Eventually my devil horns reached out to the keyboard and selected solo number 33.

Oh, I think I would place that one between 6 and 10, as far as Davey is concerned.

My #3 from Dave is his second solo from Powerslave. It actually used to be my number 1 for a long time. I wonder how it got eliminated so quickly. :nuts2:

My #3 from Dave is his second solo from Powerslave. It actually used to be my number 1 for a long time. I wonder how it got eliminated so quickly. :nuts2:
Dave's 2nd Powerslave solo won its round 1A match in a group with Dave's Sign of the Cross solo (Rock in Rio), Janick Gers' FTFFOG solo and Adrian's Die With Your Boots On solo (this last one had only one vote less!).

Then in round 2 it met Adrian's Trooper solo.
This Trooper solo became its opponent because it was 2nd in its round 1A match. Dave's Isle of Avalon solo won that group with one vote difference. And then Trooper became 1st in its round 1B match beating Adrian's Revelations solo, Dave Murray's Blood Brothers solo and Janick Ger's Paschendale solo easily.

The Trooper solo had beaten the Powerslave solo with one vote difference.

(In round 3, The Trooper was beaten by Adrian's Sea of Madness: again one vote difference!)

Last edited:
Dave's 2nd Powerslave solo won its round 1A match in a group with Dave's Sign of the Cross solo (Rock in Rio), Janick Gers' FTFFOG solo and Adrian's Die With Your Boots On solo (this last one had only one vote less!).

Then in round 2 it met Adrian's Trooper solo.
This Trooper solo became its opponent because it was 2nd in its round 1A match. Dave's Isle of Avalon solo won that group with one vote difference. And then Trooper became 1st in its round 1B match beating Adrian's Revelations solo, Dave Murray's Blood Brothers solo and Janick Ger's Paschendale solo easily.

The Trooper solo had beaten the Powerslave solo with one vote difference.

(In round 3, The Trooper was beaten by Adrian's Sea of Madness: again one vote difference!)

That's some nice insight, thank you :okok:.

I wish we could also see DWYBO progress much further!

Okay, decided now. I don't care who wins as they are both fantastic. I love Powerslave but AtG is just soaring. I'm overruling my own previous ranking an going with AtG.

(NOTE: If this game is new for you, and if you would like to participate, please check the opening post of this thread, before you vote)

Result of Semi Final 1: Dave Murray's Alexander the Great solo (045) is eliminated. 033 advances to the Final!

Semi Final 2:

Back