Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmm... CSIT is really good. But after the fifth re-listen I'm really tempted to change my vote to Fear. (I can't though)

I see what you mean but even if the solo was the worst part of a song, this is just about the battle vs its opponent.

(NOTE: If this game is new for you, and if you would like to participate, please check the opening post of this thread, before you vote)

Result of Quarter Final 2: Dave Murray's Fear of the Dark solo (066) is eliminated. 038 advances to the Semi Finals.

Quarter Final 3:

It's clear that we're nearing the end of the competition. Both solos are high in my list. The first solo in ATG has a lot of the same qualitites that made me vote for the second earlier (even though one is Dave and the other is H). Both have made solos whose sound match the epic nature of the song. Still ... Stranger in a Strange Land. The slow and relatively simple first half of the solo goes so well with the bass, much like Dave's first solo in Powerslave - although this one from H sounds more like it has a plan. And then it flows smoothly into the heavy part, which is not too different from other H solos on the album (in terms of sound, and the type of licks he uses). But this one ... it feels like every lick, every note even, is in the rigHt place. A truly great solo, in my humble opionion.

SIASL gets my vote.

It is true that the guitar-bass interaction in SIASL is something special. The solo is also more distinguishable (it has a spot of its own in the song), dynamic and carefully planned. Going with Stranger, although ATG is absolutely a good solo as well.

Back