Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FOTD and Paschendale are great, but I'm voting for only one solo this time. That one that goes beyond perfection: Powerslave.

Paschendale and Powerslave are excellent, but I ask myself if I can really place them beside one of my favourite solos... Sadly, I can't, and that means Fear gets the only vote here.

FOTD and Paschendale are great, but I'm voting for only one solo this time. That one that goes beyond perfection: Powerslave.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I've been waiting for this Powerslave solo to show up, it's my favorite to win this whole tournament. Needless to say it will be getting my vote every time from here out.

I went with Paschendale and Powerslave. I really love Janick's solo in Fear of the Dark, but I prefer his various live versions.

Davey's Powerslave solo is one of Maiden's finest ever moments. And Adrian's Invaders solo has always been a favourite of mine...full of pinch harmonic squeals and his best solo of his first three albums with Maiden.

Alexander clearly wins, it's a masterful solo. A part of me, however, wants to support Lord of Light, which is fantastic too. This brilliant Whammy ending is very memorable. I've been picking one for a couple of rounds, but this time I'm voting for these two.

I vote for those two as well. Without knowing which solos were in the compilation, and then hearing Dave's from 2 Minutes first, I thought "this one gets one of the two votes". But I find the Lord of Light solo more exciting.

The Alex solo is my favourite out of the four. The NPFTD solo doesn't do much for me.

Alexander clearly wins, it's a masterful solo. A part of me, however, wants to support Lord of Light, which is fantastic too. This brilliant Whammy ending is very memorable. I've been picking one for a couple of rounds, but this time I'm voting for these two.
+ 1. Live, that ending in this Lord of Light solo was even more spectacular.

A part of me, however, wants to support Lord of Light, which is fantastic too. This brilliant Whammy ending is very memorable. I've been picking one for a couple of rounds, but this time I'm voting for these two.

+ 1. Live, that ending in this Lord of Light solo was even more spectacular.

I bet that ending would have scared George McFly as well..

Btw, ATG and 2MTM get my vote.

Back