Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Different World and Fear of the Dark.

The other two solos, though good within the respect of the song, don't hold up very well when isolated.

The DW one is a clear pick - it’s nothing short of amazing, very emotional to me.

The second choice is ROTAM, which is great, even though I might like Dave’s solo there a bit more.

The Starblind solo doesn’t work too much for me when isolated and the FotD one is good, but nothing exceptional. I think both of these solos suffer when taken on their own.

Starblind and ROTAM. ROTAM is simply my favorite Maiden song ever, and the solos' section is the one I most like so it was quite obvious. Starblind is, in my opinion, one of Adrian's best solos.

Different World and Fear of the Dark - Both solos have soul and personality.

Starblind is very awesome, but seems like something is missing.

ROTAM is good as well, but is the one that less impressed me.

Fear of the Dark is very good, but Rime and World have to be top 10 solos for me.
Both have such tasteful mixes of fast and slow notes.

I was surprised at how far behind Starblind rates.

I was surprised at how far behind Starblind rates.
Really? I think some people forget we're voting for the solos themselves here. The Starblind lead is nice, & housed in an amazing well-regarded song; but I don't personally think it's up there with the competition in this round (or any other) as an isolated stand-alone piece (as hard as that is to judge). As for Rime: on it's own, I don't think it has anywhere near the quality &/or craftsmanship of H's own Different World or Dave's FotD lead. Too many "dead" pauses in the lead, that really sap the pace from it; clearly noticed by H, since in live versions he's filled in these bits with tapping & the like. It needed those improvements.

Last edited:
I missed the last round. Is the some place i can see the results on all solos that made it trough? From theposts it sounds like the Prisoner was on the last round and i hope it went trough.

I missed the last round. Is the some place i can see the results on all solos that made it trough? From theposts it sounds like the Prisoner was on the last round and i hope it went trough.

The Prisoner is in a tiebreak poll right now. For previous results, look through the thread. Forostar has been posting them.

Different World - really does the job
Starblind - this solo sort of wanders off without direction. Maybe that's the point, come to think of it. Anyway, it's a little uninspiring for my liking.
Rime - is really nice, but..
FOTD - really stands out and adds something to this song

Y U no tag me?
smiley_cry.gif

You two (and some others) I saw as regular survivor voters, at least in this particular game. I was kinda confident that you would see every new group. :)
But I can tag you if you want!

Back