Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What exactly are the numbers in the poll options?: 116 003 010 032 I don't even see those mentioned in Foro's first post explaining how the game works.

There's a YouTube video in Foro's post which features 4 guitar solos. The whole game features 128 solos and each solo has an assigned number. They just aren't named to prevent bias.

Really tough round. I went Children and Duellists, because I honestly prefer the first half of Transylvania more. Children's solo is great, and Duellists really sets the mood for my favourite album of all-time. All four great solos though.

(I accidentally voted Transylvania, can you count that as a vote for Children @Forostar )

This was tough. The solo in Transylvania has great energy and gets my vote, as well as the one from Children of the Damned. However, the crispness of The Final Frontier is hard to overlook. I hope it survives somehow.

When people praise H for his well crafted "thought out" leads (i.e. not as improvised sounding as Janick, and especially Dave) they often refer to later work e.g. The Wicker Man, Paschendale, etc. I think of The Duellist. Love it. Nothing overly flashy, just melodic & well crafted.
TFF's solo is one of the few good things about that song.
Agreed. Dave's solo stands out in an otherwise fairly dull track.

Children of the Damned has one of my favorite tapping based solos and H's solo in The Duelists is just an incredibly well crafted piece altogether.

Just realized I only selected 032, meant to also vote for 010...

Of these, TFF (116) without a single doubt. Begins really cool, keeps my interest throughout, and ends perfectly. It must win! Don't really like the others... COTD begins really cool, but just repeats itself and goes nowhere.

Going for 116 (TFF), for the prettier and more pocket sized of two solos that add life to a compact, no-frills song. Although I love Children of the Damned, I think I'm drawn more to the song than than solo, blistering though it is, so no to 010. 003 (Transylvania) is good, but it doesn't grab me as much as 032 (Duellists).

I thought i finaly had my answer. And now im a big ? again. Feck i spent 1 month figuring out what my top 10 songs are. (never made it, gave up) Now im stuck here.

TFF and Duellists. I love Children of the Damned, but the solo by itself doesn't stand out. The Duellists is a truly underrated Maiden song, and the solos are a major reason for me liking it.

I honestly have no idea in which camp I'll emerge, if any, so I'm following my own votes with unusual interest. I go for TFF and Duellists here.

Duellists is clearly the class of this round. I chose COTD over Transylvania, though it was tough. Transylvania is better as a true solo, while COTD just taps out a few arpeggios... but, COTD got the nod because the impact of that solo is perfect in the song.

Back