Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was seriously tempted to vote just for my clear favourite - Paschendale - but fine, I'll throw BB in there...

GODDAMMIT! I've just given BB the lead... :facepalm:

So this was absolutely the hardest vote yet in this game. There are 4 solos here that I strongly considered voting for. I settled on Blood Brothers fairly quickly, but Judas, Rainmaker, and Strange World were essentially a tossup for my second vote. In the end, I ended up going with Strange World.

OK then. Voted for Wasted Years and Strange World. Tough choice but WY has also sentimental value because it was one of the first Maiden solos that I've learnt on guitar. Strange World is one of the rare solos that I've noticed on first listen and still enjoy it.

OK then. Voted for Wasted Years and Strange World. Tough choice but WY has also sentimental value because it was one of the first Maiden solos that I've learnt on guitar. Strange World is one of the rare solos that I've noticed on first listen and still enjoy it.

Ops. You mean Wasting Love.

Ops. You mean Wasting Love.
This might mean that Spambot has not heard the solos, and just looked at WY.... hmm @Spambot have you played the whole vid?
This could also mean Spambot had a brainfart. Sorry, my bad. I did play the whole video twice before voting but Wasting and Wasted got somehow mixed in my head. I could definitely not miss Wasting Love solo, as I've said I've learn it a while ago, it's one of the Maiden easiest yet beautiful solos and Wasted isn't even on the list.
Anyway, thread maker and/or mods can probably check my vote, it was 059 (Wasting Love) and 004 (Strange World).

After some more listens, I've decided to vote for the following two:

Paschendale: The solo flows really nicely with the heavy, dark vibe of the song, plus the actual guitar work is damn fine. I think this is one of Adrian's best post-2000 solos.

Rainmaker: I felt the other vote should go to one of Dave's signature solos, and out of the two included here, I like this one best.

The two closest contenders were Judas and Blood Brothers.

This battle is between 059 and 093.

Please vote for your favourite solo. The one with the most votes will end up as #10 in this tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back