Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Goddamn you, @Forostar...I blame you for this round. This is a coordinated attack to prove that Dave can beat H in a head-to-head! TREACHERY!

Honestly, I can't vote on this yet. TWM is the solo that got me interested in Iron Maiden. If I had to pinpoint the exact moment that I became an Iron Maiden fan: it's that solo. In my opinion, it's the single most memorable thing H has ever played. It has so many different modes and sections, yet never feels bloated or overly wanky.

Yet, Dave's slow Powerslave solo is an absolute masterpiece.

THIS GAME IS TEARING ME UP INSIDE

Oh, but Wicker Man is one of my favourite neat pocket solos by Adrian, as opposed to the dazzling extravaganza type. Pretty solo by Dave, but I prefer it when he really pours feeling into a solo. Wicker Man it is.

And I clicked the wrong one. @Forostar can you change my vote to the Wicker Man?

Goddamn you, @Forostar...I blame you for this round. This is a coordinated attack to prove that Dave can beat H in a head-to-head! TREACHERY!
Foro's thinking is a little more clever than that, Knicks. This match-up is there to test how deep the H bias really runs in this forum. The idea that The Wicker Man is a better solo than Powerslave is total nonsense. Let's see how close this turns out...

Back