Tournament Of Champions 2014: Book of Thel wins!

Satisfied?

• Total voters
Eliminated:
Schism
Firth of Fifth
Cinema Show
Dream of Mirrors

We have our non-Maiden top ten!

Hmmm, hadn't actually thought it could just be the best song on the list. 3 of the other songs there are also #1 for their respective bands for me.

It's a shame Firth Of Fifth got eliminated. Now that's a champion if I ever seen one but of course...you know, metal forum?

Stygian is absolutely awful. Can't get through the whole thing without getting really annoyed.

Sure I can say the same thing. I can't sit through most of Dream Theater or other Prog groups and the like because it's not my thing. But I'm not going to call it awful just because I personally don't like it / it's not my thing.

It's typical for Iced Earth's popularity that most Europeans are not voting for Stygian, and most Americans are.

Sure I can say the same thing. I can't sit through most of Dream Theater or other Prog groups and the like because it's not my thing. But I'm not going to call it awful just because I personally don't like it / it's not my thing.

Well, I will. I don't expect anyone else to agree with it.

Obviously a semantics issue but lately I've been a little bit more conservative with words like "awful". I don't really think any of the music that is liked around here is without merit or at least some positive qualities. There are more constructive ways of describing music imo.

It's typical for Iced Earth's popularity that most Europeans are not voting for Stygian, and most Americans are.
This is mostly true, but for a Metal band with pretty much no breakthrough song or album in the US and no highly acclaimed album in over a decade, they do pretty well out here. When I saw them coheadlining with Symphony X on the Dystopia tour, the turnout was overwhelmingly IE fans. I was likely one of the only people there who was there for SX as well. Even among this board, I think a fair amount of Americans like them quite a bit. I like them. Knick likes them, pretty sure Colin and SMX do as well. It's hard to compete with some of the other groups on here though, and personally Stygian isn't one of my favorite IE tracks.

It's tough choices time. I'm keeping Stygian for now, but it'a not my favourite IE (why did I think 'Internet Explorer' just there?) song, and there a lot of songs left I'd really like to save.

Non-Maiden Top Ten:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10: Travel in Stygian (Iced Earth)

Back