Top 5 Iron Maiden Album Covers?

1. Powerslave : All time favorite of mine. I have a pretty big flag of it hanging on the wall next to my bed. Amazing usage of colours, a creative composition and is very much in your face, meeting the power of the album and the album title.
2. Somewhere in Time : A very nice sci-fi work. I love the modelling of Eddie. The details obviously make this cover, always fun to find new things on there.
3. The Final Frontier : I don't think Eddie of this cover is well liked around Maiden fans, but I love it. It looks fierce. And the colours are just fantastic.
4. The Number of the Beast: I like the idea of the Devil controlling Eddie and Eddie controlling Devil. The modelling is again, top notch.
5. A Matter of Life and Death : Very creative. Great shapes, pretty much the perfect colouring for a war themed album. Very obvious that it's a work of a comics artist.

I love the Live After Death and Brave New World covers as well. Killers Eddie is the best Eddie modelling out there but the rest of the cover isn't that good.
Great list and even better reasoning

1. Somewhere in Time
  2. Powerslave
  3. Live after Death
  4. Piece of Mind
  5. The Number of the Beast

1. Somewhere in Time
2. Powerslave
3. Live After Death
4. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
5. From Fear to Eternity

1. Somewhere in Time
2. Powerslave
3. Killers
4. The Number of the Beast
5. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

1. Somewhere in Time (have tattoo of it)
2. Powerslave
3. Iron Maiden
4. Brave New World
5. Live After Death (have tattoo of it)

1. Number of the beast
2. Powerslave
3. Caught somewhere in time
4. No prayer for the dying (remastered)
5. Piece of mind

5) The Book Of Souls
4) Brave New World
3) Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
2) Number Of The Beast
1) Fear Of The Dark

Somewhere in Time is obviously my number one.

Can't really rank, but love Killers, Powerslave, Brave New World, Fear of the Dark, Piece of Mind.

1. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
2. The Final Frontier
3. A Matter of Life and Death
4. Somewhere in Time
5. Brave New World

1. Somewhere In Time
2. Powerslave
3. Live After Death
4. Death On The Road
and bugger it, 5. The Book Of Souls

1. The X Factor

It was long my least favourite cover (I just thought it was ugly), but now it is my favourite. I've gone through more of life, and now seem to 'get it' in a way I didn't before. The tortured Eddie is perfect - the most prominent theme of the album is torture - being tortured by the meaninglessness of daily life (2 AM), by what's going on in the world around you (Blood on the World's Hands), by nightmares and mental wounds sustained in a war (Fortunes of War, The Aftermath) or by depression (Judgement of Heaven). The change from the previous drawn cover art signifies their change in direction in a way that to me seems to say - 'this is closer to the heart, we've scaled off that cartoonish layer' but it is also promising a darker and more introvert direction than their previous efforts. There is some twisted beauty hidden in it, in some way, when it is paired with the thematic matters of the album and the music - and what more could you wish for an album cover than for it to give you a sense of an increased appreciation and understanding of the album as a whole?

2. The Final Frontier

For an album that in part deals with death and especially the sudden end of the journey (figuratively & literally) few things seems as fitting as looking out in deep space. Breach the hull of the spacecraft and it is all over in an instant. The couple with the tins of poison, the man dying in sight of his "golden promised land", the dying narrator of "Starblind", the astronaut of the title track, the soldier in "Mother of Mercy" or the people promised streets of gold in "El Dorado" - for them the journey is all over in an instant, without meaning, without mercy.

3. Somewhere in Time

Detailed cover art fitting well with the sci-fi theme and overall vibe of the album. You could make yourself busy for hours trying to spot all the references to the band's material, and Eddie looks quite cool. I wonder if they knew how well the art and the music would fit in the album title Somewhere in Time. It truly feels like a document from somewhere in time. 1986, to be specific...

4. Fear of the Dark

Nice art. Trees can be monsters when walking through the park at night, surely. Not sure I have something deeper to say about it than that.

5. Dance of Death

Yes, I did it. I could say that I think the unfinishedness (is that even a word?) of this art signifies the unperfectness (the certainly isn't a word) of ourselves as human beings, but that would be stretching it a little too far, to say the least. (Tied to the unfinished mastering I may actually argue myself towards believing it myself though.) As it is, I just happen to like the composition and colour scheme, and when I look closer and see about 'a million errors in human anatomy (and a few other ugly things)', I just think it's interesting in all its ugliness.

5. Dance of Death

Yes, I did it. I could say that I think the unfinishedness (is that even a word?) of this art signifies the unperfectness (the certainly isn't a word) of ourselves as human beings, but that would be stretching it a little too far, to say the least. (Tied to the unfinished mastering I may actually argue myself towards believing it myself though.) As it is, I just happen to like the composition and colour scheme, and when I look closer and see about 'a million errors in human anatomy (and a few other ugly things)', I just think it's interesting in all its ugliness.

:applause:

Somewhere Back In Time
Live After Death
Powerslave
Killers
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Back