Tool

Heard the song last night. It’s fine but doesn’t seem too memorable. I like the album cover though. It’s not mindblowing but it serves its purpose.

Don't forget in regards to albums of the year that Devin Townsend already dropped Empath, which unless Maiden does something is the game point.

I'm about 7-8 listens or so. I like it, it's a pretty good song. The weirdest thing to me is that this song is not a good opener, which means that none of the songs were either. Invincible and Descending wouldn't work for that either. I'm fine with that I guess. Overall from what I've heard this is my least favorite track so far, it does get a 9/10 though. Invincible and Descending are just fucking killer tracks and I can't wait to hear the studio recording.

Rammstein’s new record was pretty lit too.
I almost wrote this same thing. I like Rammstein and their new album is incredible.

To be fair I'm not the biggest Tool fan. I find them kind of boring. I put them in the same class of bands like Opeth where I can admire how talented they are and agree with all the accolades, I just can't really enjoy them too much. I do love Enslaved though, and they hit some similar notes.

Rammstein is rubbish tho
Amen... and I pretty much love their first 2 albums - and when Sehensucht came out it was something . Then it all went south really fast. Some bands mantain or even improve their quality when they get popular (like Tool). Rammstein defenitly isn't one of them.

Last edited:
Don't forget in regards to albums of the year that Devin Townsend already dropped Empath, which unless Maiden does something is the game point.
Good point. Empath is one hell of an album. But if the rest of Fear Inoculum is on the level of the title track or Descending... sorry Mr. Dev.

The weirdest thing to me is that this song is not a good opener
Curious... I think it works. Of course nothing beats The Grudge or Stinkfist but this theme as a subtile crescendo that makes it not totally displaced while opening the record.

Amen... and I pretty much love their first 2 albums - and when Sehensucht came out it was something . Then it all went south really fast. Some bands mantain or even improve their quality when they get popular (like Tool). Rammstein defenitly isn't one of them.
Must’ve missed Mutter and Reise, Reise.

I like the new song. Its not up there with the best but it ticks all the boxes I need ticked for Tool. The intro has me wonderin "where are they goin with this?" Theres an African feel to the percussion and then theres an Asian feel to the jangly things and just when I think they are gonna come in heavy, it comes in soft. The section at 7mins that jazz from hell mentioned really opens out the trip, takes you to the next part. I personally love the bass from 8.45 ish. And when the song is finished, I cant quit remember any particular part but I feel like I have enjoyed myself. Good stuff.
I am not a real Tool fan but I look forward to this new album.

Must’ve missed Mutter and Reise, Reise.
Yes... decent albums still with some cool songs (Mein Herz Brennt, Links, Mutter, Adios, Reise Reise, Mein Teil, Dalai Lama) but lost their machinery like pace, that clawfinger like guitar distortion... not the same animal.

I’ve been listening to it a few times now, and I still like most of it, but there’s a few things I’m not so fond of, so here are some new thoughts.
The synthetic sounds are unnecessary imo, they actually take away from it for me. On the other hand the whole building up in the first few minutes is great, especially the entrance of the bass and the vocals (although they’re drowned in a bit too much reverb/delay for my taste).
I like the drum-solo-interlude at 4:30, but there should have been something fresh right afterwards imo, just a new chord or something, it’s a missed opportunity that it just goes back (it makes the track more “poppy”, for the lack of a better word).
The strongest part of the song is the whole second half with that hypnotic 11/8 groove, great vocals again with very cool counterrhythms (but too much effects).
Also: I’ve been comparing to Lateralus, and Lateralus sounds just more live than this one (more live = more fun). Still: Probably metal album of the year. :D

28B5BE1A-7893-4828-A530-7C3860623236.jpeg

Full track listing revealed as the album was played to most major rock magazines. Track lengths are unknown but ‘7empest’ is supposed to be the long one. Close to 20 minutes.

I’ll point out that tracks 3, 5 & 10 are bonus tracks. They will be available immediately through the digital release and the physical copies have a digital download card. My thought is that they are probably interludes.

Back