Tool

Tool is playing their first show on the fifth. Maynard essentially confirmed they will play new songs on the tour. We will likely get to hear live versions of tracks before the studio versions.

More unrelated new album news. Tool officially has a Spotify profile. This probably points to the fact something is coming though, or at least the music will finally be available on streaming services.

They’re one of the last few major holdouts. The only other I can think of is King Crimson (ironically probably Tool’s greatest influence).

I know they've wanted to go digital, but I think the label was holding them back or something... I'm not 100% on that.

From what I’ve heard they don’t own the rights to those albums but are currently working on it. Same thing happened with Metallica.

From what I’ve heard they don’t own the rights to those albums but are currently working on it. Same thing happened with Metallica.
Yeah I think that's it. I know they've had some lawsuits with their label.

Been burned so many times it’s hard to tell if the album is actually ready and coming... or if we’ll be having the same chat in 2021...

I've been doing some digging, there has been a lot of verified people claiming to have heard the album.. All of them tell essentially the same story...
- There are fewer than 8 songs
- Most of them in the 9 minute + range

Here is ‘Descending’ in it’s entirety. It’s not the best footage. I’m sure we will have some better ones later.

Back