TNOTB/BOH triple vinyl: Will you buy it or not?

TNOTB/BOH triple vinyl: Will you buy it or not?

• Yes

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 68.3%

• Total voters
p.s.: my TNTOB vinyl copy I bought last summer is a hoax. I don't know what edition it is, but it looks bad, with a terrible recoloured cover.

I do wonder why they didn't release this album on CD.
Well, in 1982, they must have thought it was a bit early in their career and during the latter part of the tour, the recording of POM and the subsequent tour must have had been already planned.
In 2002, releasing each double cd separately would have affected the sales of the Eddie's Archives boxset, which sold out precisely because the buyers knew the content wasn't available anywhere else.
Releasing each double cd separately would have made sense in 2012 though, at a special price for example.

Yes, I have.
Well, how does it sound? I agree with the comments that the previous 2014 vinyl remaster of TNOB was thin-sounding and not as good as the other vinyl remasters of that period. I have read they used a different remaster for this release, but I’m not sure. Also, the 2002 CD of BoH from Eddie’s Archive is pretty compressed.

Well, how does it sound? I agree with the comments that the previous 2014 vinyl remaster of TNOB was thin-sounding and not as good as the other vinyl remasters of that period. I have read they used a different remaster for this release, but I’m not sure. Also, the 2002 CD of BoH from Eddie’s Archive is pretty compressed.
Did you read that on Steve Hoffman or somewhere else? I was curious about the source on this one. If it’s not the 2014 vinyl again it could just be a transfer of the new digital master.

I'm listening to the first disc now, which is the "The Number of the Beast" with "intended" track list. I hate that word. Anywho, so far the vinyl sounds very crisp and clean and no clicks and pops, but that's more a manufacturing thing and not a mastering thing. It sounds to my ears more or less just like the 2014 vinyl remaster.

Edit: Now onto Disc 2, which is technically Disc 1 of BoH. This sounds different to my ears than the CD/Eddie's Archive version. But I can't tell if it's just confirmation bias or what. I'm curious what anyone else thinks? The higher frequencies seem MUCH sharper and the bass is bouncy and throbbing and very "present." So far i'm impressed. But I don't have good "listening to vinyl" ears so someone else chime in.

Last edited:
So they REPLACED Gangland with Total Eclipse?! This means there are now 4* versions of this album:
1. The original 8 tracks without Total Eclipse
2. The original Japanese release, 9 tracks with TE as track 7 and GL as track 8
3. The 98 remaster with 9 tracks, GL as track 7 and TE as track 8
4. This 2022 version with 8 tracks and no Gangland

Honestly, why. For me, the 1998 9 tracks version is the definitive version I listen to.

*Edit because I read about 2 on Wikipedia.

Did you read that on Steve Hoffman or somewhere else? I was curious about the source on this one. If it’s not the 2014 vinyl again it could just be a transfer of the new digital master.
A guy on SH forum wrote that it uses the 2015 digital remaster, but the statement was unsourced, nothing official, couldn’t confirm.

I just picked up my copy and it is a fantastic collection! How can you complain about the price? $50 is a bargain for NOTB and Beast Over Hammersmith! Very thick pressings (200 grams?) Perfect addition to my Maiden vinyl collection! As far as the sound quality goes it's top notch! I have heard every version of NOTB including original Japan pressings and this sounds just as good. Thank you Airy!

I just picked up my copy and it is a fantastic collection! How can you complain about the price? $50 is a bargain for NOTB and Beast Over Hammersmith! Very thick pressings (200 grams?) Perfect addition to my Maiden vinyl collection! As far as the sound quality goes it's top notch! I have heard every version of NOTB including original Japan pressings and this sounds just as good. Thank you Airy!
Rod?

A guy on SH forum wrote that it uses the 2015 digital remaster, but the statement was unsourced, nothing official, couldn’t confirm.
Thanks, seems like a safe assumption but I’m curious about confirmation.

Having listened to the whole thing now, it’s my favorite production on any live album ever. It also seems to me MUCH clear than the CD version. And again, could be confirmation bias, but I’d fucking LOVE a love album from the Future Past tour with this level of clarity.

How can you complain about the price? $50 is a bargain for NOTB and Beast Over Hammersmith!

It's also the fact that some people may have those in various vinyls + cassettes (TNotB ), CDs, Archive Boxes and iTunes (both), so anything above $10 would seem much to them.

Hell, I would have complained even if I had to pick it up for free :D

Going to receive my order today!
Looking forward to the package and interested in hearing Hammersmith on vinyl for the first time.
Some initial reviews and comments regarding the show are really promising.

Back