Ticketless Entry O2 arena

Hi guys,
I have tickets to see maiden tomorrow at the O2, however it's a ticketless event and the person who paid for the tickets must attend. I got the mother to stick them on her credit card but she is not attending. O2 told me a letter of consent may be accepted if live nation say its ok but they are closed at weekends so can't contact them.

Has this happened to anyone else out there? What were you told if so?

Thanks guys

I went to the Heaven & Hell tour in 2007 with someone who had to pick his ticket up from the box office before the gig. His dad had bought the ticket for him online so he brought his dad's ID with him and the SECC box office were happy with that. I've no idea what the O2 will be like though.

Personally I think this paperless ticket thing is a load of nonsense and a pain in the arse. We need to bring the confirmation email, the card we bought the tickets with and government issued photographic ID. The person who bought the tickets therefore has to go which means that people can't buy tickets as gifts and will be left out of pocket if circumstances dictate that he/she can no longer attend the show. While I agree with Live Nation that something should be done to prevent ticket touts getting hold of tickets for high-demand events I don't think that this is a fair system.

Totally agree, prevent ticket touting yes, but deny a true fan a chance to attend a gig he has paid £120 for.... Not so fair

Okay, I'm going to ask the obvious question here: was your Mother originally going to attend, or not? If she wasn't, is there any reason you didn't know all this before you got her to buy you your tickets? I've never been to the O2 in my life --but I flirted with buying a ticket & I'm pretty sure this was all pretty obvious at the point of purchase. Now, if someone buys for you as a gift, and they didn't know all this (their fault) --fair enough. But if you asked them ("I got the mother") to pay for it for you --then surely you should have checked all this out before getting them to pay? Ticketless is hardly new. Plus, the gigs tomorrow man --you've left it a bit late to ask, aye/naw?

I would double check where you bought the tickets online. I bought ticket-less tickets for Maiden in Austin in September, on the ticketmaster site there is a method to transfer the tickets to someone else. Perhaps you have that option as well.

I went to the Heaven & Hell tour in 2007 with someone who had to pick his ticket up from the box office before the gig. His dad had bought the ticket for him online so he brought his dad's ID with him and the SECC box office were happy with that. I've no idea what the O2 will be like though.

Personally I think this paperless ticket thing is a load of nonsense and a pain in the arse. We need to bring the confirmation email, the card we bought the tickets with and government issued photographic ID. The person who bought the tickets therefore has to go which means that people can't buy tickets as gifts and will be left out of pocket if circumstances dictate that he/she can no longer attend the show. While I agree with Live Nation that something should be done to prevent ticket touts getting hold of tickets for high-demand events I don't think that this is a fair system.

We have to bring the confirmation email, are you sure?

I've been to hundreds of gigs, never have I seen ticketless before. On occasions where I've seen that the person paying needs to attend there has always been an option to get written permission to let someone else use the ticket. I'm told on the phone there are a LOT of people in the same boat. Luckily it's payday and I'm a huge maiden fan so I've just brought another 2 standing tickets for tomorrow, very surprised there were any left!

There were a lot of empty seats in the first tier of seating last night. I wonder if this system had anything to do with that...

I think this whole paperless tickets thing was pretty dumb because the technology had a lot of obvious problems on the day--the scanners didn't seem to work consistently and had difficulty reading international cards. I saw many people had to be scanned mulitple times. The O2 box office was issuing paper tickets anyhow for those who bought on the day like we did. The scanner wouldn't scan the tickets we had just gotten from the box office 10 minuites before and the woman had to call her manager over to use his scanner to let us into the venue.

Thought the ticketless system was woeful last night. Two people one of whom had a different debit card to that he booked tickets with and the second had no card on him at all. Not blaming these people but no contingency in place to cater. The system meant unnecessary queues were inevitable. Top night though!

Oh i cannot be doing with this ticketless lark. Its started happening at football. There is nothing better than issuing a ticket. It avoids problems. + Its a souvenir.

Oh i cannot be doing with this ticketless lark. Its started happening at football. There is nothing better than issuing a ticket. It avoids problems. + Its a souvenir.
\

I could not agree more. The souvenir part is cool, but I like having a ticket in my hands. Who knows if they have some computer glitch, if my credit card gets stolen (or just expires, sometimes these tickets are bought several months in advance)

Plus there would be a riot if their scanning devices went down and they could not pull up tickets. At least with a physical ticket, the ticket itself is a backup system if the scanners go down. It also seems the entry line moves much slower having to swipe credit cards.

I understand wanting to cut down on scalpers and I agree with that, but it seems there should be a better way to handle that in how they sell the tickets to start with

I still have never had to go this paperless ticket route for any of my concerts (Iron Maiden or other bands).

Even this year, for the St. Louis and Kansas City dates coming up; when I was purchasing the tickets, it specifically said on the seat selection page that this band has opted for the paperless ticket route. However, upon purchasing the tickets, it still prompted that I could print them out (which i did, I'd prefer an actual ticket than a paperless one).

Back