Troops are marching to their doom
All that I see is a nightmare
The smoke is blotting out the moon
No, God please stop this bloody slaughter
We are off the beaten track
All the masses are rebelling
To withstand the dark attack
Will we make it back beyond the black?

I remember hearing that intro for the first time when I was 15, very creepy, but cool! I love how Metal Church also had a pretty big impact on USPM as well.

I sense their eyes upon me, as I grab my butcher knife!

Some tasty thrash/death. or should we stick to straight thrash metal in this thread?
Emoticon-Think.gif

Anyways this is a pretty good album from those early 90s when metal saw a great deal of crossover happening between thrash and death metal. A mix that really spawned some great albums. This is a group called Protector from Germany with an album released pretty much at the peak of that death/thrash genre, 1991. Thrash purists will say that real thrash was already dead at this point :D

I think Protector is still somewhat active today, so might have to dig up some more.

Last edited:
Wow! @SixesAlltheway that song was good. I liked the break at around 2:10. I am more than welcome to thrash/death crossovers in this thread! They're were many bands at the tail end of the 80's and the early 90's that really blurred the lines between thrash metal and death metal like Gammacide and Demolition Hammer:

Speaking of Demolition Hammer, they're reforming to play Maryland Deathfest this year!

@Forostar that Defender song was cool, I thought the riffing got a little repetitive though, I did love that twin guitar harmony about half way through the song! Is there anymore thrash metal from the Netherlands that sounds like this? I loved the vocal style of their singer.

Cheers! I am aware of several metal songs but have some trouble with judging if it is trash. I'll see if I can find more!

From what I've seen, thrash metal in the 80's was one of those things that was kinda up in the air. It can be loosely described as a rawer, faster, and more aggressive spin on that tradition metal sound that bands like Motorhead and Judas Priest pioneered. But, there's a lot of thrash metal bands that do fall outside of that category.

like Gammacide and Demolition Hammer:

Yeah...and a boatload of others! Gammacide besides churning out some amazing riffs and energy were also really good lyricists. Most of the songs on Victims of Science are strong lyrically too which can't be said for other thrash metal bands....also, I just love the image and the colors of the cover!

GAMMACIDE%2BVictims%2BOf%2BScience%2B1989.jpg

Kreator inspired thrash metal (with a bit of death/thrash thrown in for good measure) from Sweden. This sounds older but is actually from 2000 (OK that's old now too, 16 years...).

Very aggressive and hard hitting stuff!

Last edited:
Exodus - even though Zetro is singing for them again, they still have gone 10 years without playing anything live from the Impact Is Imminent or Force of Habit CDs! Lunatic Parade and One Foot In the Grave deserve to be played live.

Absolutely LOVE Sepultura's Bestial Devastation (title track). Put your volume LOUD and click here for this inescapable headbang part.

Back