Things about Iron Maiden that annoy you

A joke guys. I'm alluding to the fact (as I'm sure you both know damn well) that he took a career break (I was kidding by saying he "retired") after leaving Maiden & forming The Untouchables (> Psycho Motel) between 1990 - 1993. He didn't do anything (musically/professionally) in this period, did he?

His real "total" break was probably 1990 and 1991 and a part of 1992.

1992:
- gig with a certain band at Donington
- formation of The Untouchables and after that Skeleton Crew which became Psycho Motel. Not sure when he did exactly what but it took a while before the first Psycho Motel album was released: in 1995 (Japan only).

So perhaps another "break" in these years: 1993-1994, depending on when Adrian started writing new songs.

Last edited:
You're making this way too complicated. When did he leave Maiden, exactly? Was this not early 1990? And when did he form The Untouchables? I thought this was 1993? That's the break. Playing Donington hardly (as Wiki, I note, clarifies) counts as doing very much. He basically did nothing musically between leaving one & forming the other. Granted, I'm sure he was writing & picking his guitar up at home.

Untouchables could have been as early as 1992.

O my, yes I was making this very, very complicated. All I did was trying to formulate Adrian's break(s). Rocket science !

^ Yup! :D

I'm just saying, if The Untouchables was formed in 1993, then he wasn't doing much for three years. But I think we'll all knew this already...

Kind of annoying how every song has to have a Steve Harris co-writing credit. It almost seems like it has become law in Maiden.

I can imagine if Adrian Smith was to bring a perfect short pop metal track like Wasted Years in today, fully written, Steve's response would be:

"It's great but it's not quite perfect yet. We'll just stick 2 minutes of slow acoustic stuff at the start and do the same at the end and it'll fit the album just dandy".

If I remember well, Adrian's attitude at the time towards that particular song was that it wouldn't suit Maiden's, and Steve's that it was perfect for Maiden.

Reactions: jcv
I personally think it looks stupid and unprofessional when bands wear their own band shirts on stage. The audience knows who they're seeing and that the band is already proud of who they are.

I personally think it looks stupid and unprofessional when bands wear their own band shirts on stage. The audience knows who they're seeing and that the band is already proud of who they are.

Agreed. Basically the same attitude that applies to playing Iron Maiden on every show.

Back