Things about Iron Maiden that annoy you

I don't understand the argument about merchandise.

Do they sell tons and tons of shit with the band name on it? Yeah. Is this what they all about? Hell no. They're still relevant, they create great music and now are on one of, if not the best tours ever.

Yeah, they make money from many sources, It's normal, probably everyone would do that if they have a chance like they have. I'm just happy that they still create good music and shows.

Maiden, at the end of the day, is a business.

If a business doesn't change it's business model when external factors change they ultimately fail.

Albums no longer generate the income they used to due to downloading, so Maiden focus even more on merchandise to survive and ultimately give us new music.

Albums may not be as frequent as in the 80s, but they are twice as long in content.

Better than splitting up IMO.

Aerosmith, Metallica, Sabbath, GnR all charged £90 ish when they toured recently. Maiden charge £60-70 and bring a much more extravagant production than these other outfits. If Maidens prodigious merchandising has any bearing on them being able to keep ticket prices down, then I'm all for it. Even if it doesn't, I'm all for it. It's for people who want it and I am not one of them, I haven't bought anything other than music or gig tickets in 13 years. Although, to be fair, last Christmas, my partner got me toilet roll with a picture of me and Steve Harris printed on it. Doubt he got any royalties, though....

And anyway, why wouldn't you want your favourite band to have loadsa money? I, for one, want to see if Steve can create a gaudier house than his last one. That shit costs money.

Production on some songs. On certain songs I think they failed when it came to recording Dickinson’s lyrics. Listen to Powerslave, I get that song is not requiring Bruce to sing and mostly have him talking the words but you can hardly hear him through the music. Another good example is The Evil That Men do. If you’re gonna have him mumble the lyrics then FUCKING raise the volume in the studio for his tracks. Does this bother anyone else?

It's funny how your third post on the forum is located in the thread "Things about IM that annoy you" :)
Sorry but I don’t get your meaning. That was something that has always annoyed and I saw the thread here so it fit for what I was thinking . And I gave my reasons behind the post. Where’d you want me to post it???? Get over yourself.....FAST

Seriously? :) well, ok.. because in my opinion when you register on your favorite band’s forum, you don’t go directly to the “complaints” section. But maybe I am wrong, I just found it funny.
Well, I didn't see the problem. Actually, there is no problem. This isn't a "complaints section", it's a thread in the Maiden Chat section. He/she probably just saw the thread around and felt like commenting on the subject.

Geez, sometimes you guys can be very picky on new users.

Already mentioned, but one thing that's always annoyed me is the repeated snubbing of the UK on the majority of tours since 1999

That said, I'm seeing them in Birmingham very soon, so maybe it's a case of being glad of what I have.

This is laughable. Sure, there have been some exclusive dates in the UK on some tours (one date at Donington on the GMETID tour in 2003, one date at Twickenham on the SBIT tour in 2008), but they have played in their home country A LOT since 2000.

Aerosmith, Metallica, Sabbath, GnR all charged £90 ish when they toured recently. Maiden charge £60-70 and bring a much more extravagant production than these other outfits. If Maidens prodigious merchandising has any bearing on them being able to keep ticket prices down, then I'm all for it. Even if it doesn't, I'm all for it. It's for people who want it and I am not one of them, I haven't bought anything other than music or gig tickets in 13 years. Although, to be fair, last Christmas, my partner got me toilet roll with a picture of me and Steve Harris printed on it. Doubt he got any royalties, though....

And anyway, why wouldn't you want your favourite band to have loadsa money? I, for one, want to see if Steve can create a gaudier house than his last one. That shit costs money.

Regarding ticket prices, a Maiden gig is not cheap, but it is certainly much less expensive that some others.

I was seriously considering attending one of the Joe Bonamassa's shows at the Royal Albert Hall next year until I saw the ticket prices!! From £89.20 to £299.00!!!

Back