Things about Iron Maiden that annoy you

The ME set list was a complete joke. No still life, infinite dreams, killers, die with your boots on. All key epic tracks from the 88 tour. Then they throw on ATSS and half the tracks played on SBIT tour? Fans argue that Buce can't sing some of the older material but I disagree. The songs like the Trooper and some of TBOS tacks he sounds so strained and clearly they need to down tune! They have seen such an immense back catalogue that they could and should make far better set list choices for their longevity if nothing else.

The ME set list was a complete joke. No still life, infinite dreams, killers, die with your boots on. All key epic tracks from the 88 tour. Then they throw on ATSS and half the tracks played on SBIT tour? Fans argue that Buce can't sing some of the older material but I disagree. The songs like the Trooper and some of TBOS tacks he sounds so strained and clearly they need to down tune! They have seen such an immense back catalogue that they could and should make far better set list choices for their longevity if nothing else.

Despite the fact that ATSS is a great track, it didn't make sense to play it on that tour. Still Life, Infinite Dreams, Killers and DWYBO would all been better picks.

220px-Barabas-liszt.jpg
220px-Liszt_1858.jpg

I would make a comment to something of the effect of "I didn't fully appreciate Blaze until they replaced him with Bruce", but I just woke up and am not in the mood.

The are VERY lazy. The fact they can still write amazing music and they still tour a lot and still play amazingly well makes up for everything else.
I'd rather have that than nothing. But otherwise they don't really seem to take care of there fans like other bands do. No meet and greets, a lot of shoddy artwork (dates wrong in booklets etc), never changing the setlist, any re rereleased or box sets and history DVD have nothing the casual Maiden fan doesn't already have. Their what seems to be disregard for 'older fans'. Its all about "the kids".

I'm only comparing this to other bands who put a lot more effort into the other side of the business than the music and playing live.

But as I say the fact that Maiden are the greatest band in the world and are still touring and making music makes up for it all as far as im concerned.

I remember going to a meet and greet organised by the fan club after metal 2000. Was better than the current trend of paying ridiculous money for a quick 5 min photo opportunity.

That’s the reason I stopped being a member of the fan club as they never did anything like this again to my knowledge. Was a nice little event held at the old Astoria and I was still buzzing from the previous nights storming gig at Earl’s Court.

Wish they would do more stuff like this. Metallica do some awesome fan club meet ups and I remember one they did years back that was shown on MTV where fans could bring instruments and jam their favourite tracks with the band, how cool is that!

Yeah, but these days Metallica has quick meet and greets with Metclub contest winners (no James) or alternatively, a special "experience" where the band pretends to care for five minutes and you get a shitty photo for like a grand. I'm glad Maiden stayed out of it, because you know Rod would prefer that model from a money perspective.

For reference, previously Metallica had randomly selected ticketholders from the Metclub win a free meet and greet with every band member present. Not anymore.

Aye Im also glad Maiden stayed out of it. And it probably due to chaps like us keepin them in the luxury they have become accoustomed to. Although Im sure Metallica have enough money so maybe they are just greedy.
@Wayne Bond your experience sound top, thats the kind of thing I feel comfortable with. More of a decent thing to do as opposed to a cash in where the band cant be fucked. Maiden did the Bruce Air thing a couple of times, I think @Brigantium got to go to Paris for TBOS thing. Dont know if it cost anything but seemed like a tip top venture

The fan club trips and the Bruce air trips are way cooler, I think, than just a regular, meet and greet. I'm glad the band does those from time to time and make em special....

Reactions: jcv
For sure.

On Metallica meets and greets, I don't think they're purely for PR/finance, on the contrary Lars is heavily into metal fandom so this is probably the source of it. But after 25 years of being famous it just gets routine.

Epica and Delain like doing meet-and-greet packages before shows, but they cost an absolute bomb - £78 + fees for the VIP package on Epica's UK tour next year! As much as it would be sort of cool to meet my favourite bands I don't want to fork out an extra £50 for it. I'm not comfortable with bands charging their fans to meet them. There's always enough mugs who will do it though.

Back