Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new Track Added : 13/05/06)

Thingfish said:
'2 Minutes To Midnight' added!

Yet another great piece of work!  :ok:

Oh, and the version of '2 AM' sung under water (were you in your bath when you recorded it?  :biggrin:) is not my favourite, as good as it may be. It's a matter of taste, I suppose, and I like to be different...  :rolleyes:

Savage as usual mate! I have to say that my favourite is Reach Out, I don't know what it is, but it always almost brings a tear to the eye ^_^

Thingfish said:
Thanks, guys! Interesting, Conor, that other people have said 2AM was their favourite too :)
It could be possible that we are all such conservatives and seeing that the song is semi-acousitc anyway, we like to see the song done as close to the original as possible ;)

Maverick : The '2AM' vocal had flanger and phaser added to it. It was an experiment some people like, some didn't :)

Hunlord : Glad you like my version of 'Reach Out' too. It was recorded before I worked out the sound panning options in the Cubase software, but I had accidentally deleted the originals of CIPWM, POTO and Reach Out, so I couldn't go back and add the panning. As they sounded so good, I couldn't bring myself to record them again!

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new Track Added : 14/05/06)

Wow, talk about spoiling us, Thingfish! I just want to thank you for giving me such brilliant music, the 15 songs so far are all superb are make me listen to them over and over. Thanks alot, and have a praise ^_^

So far, I find "Reach Out" and "2 Minutes To Midnight" the best, as they combine both great instrumentation and nice warm singing. Have a praise from me too.

Thingfish said:
Maverick : The '2AM' vocal had flanger and phaser added to it. It was an experiment some people like, some didn't :)

I never said that I didn't like it. It's just... weird.  -_-

The flanger works really well on 'Twilight Zone', though. Well done once again!  :ok:

It's only the phaser I used this time on 'Twilight Zone' in order to give an ethereal quality to the lyrics since the singer is a ghost :) Seemed to work ok.

Thanks to you all for the compliments!

^_^

:oops:

Phaser, flanger...  You know, I'm not a musician. I'm a drummer!  ^_^

Ah yes! Someone who hangs out with musicians! Hehe. :ph34r:

Btw, Maverick, I don't suppose a link to my Maiden stuff from the IMC Tribute site would be possible? I notice on that page there is space in the top right-hand corner of tributes for one more... :)

Make me a cover sleeve and you're in.  -_-

I've got it, thanks.  :ok:
More work for me today. It keeps me out of mischief!  ^_^

Maverick said:
I've got it, thanks.   :ok:
More work for me today. It keeps me out of mischief!   ^_^

If it's Maiden-related, it's always enjoyable! :) Thanks again!

Brilliant Maverick! I didn't expect the detail you would go into!  :o Thanks very much indeed!!  ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Thingfish said:
I didn't expect the detail you would go into!

When I do something, I do it properly.  :D

You certainly do! I'll hopefully have some more tracks this week for you to add :D

Back