The X Factor vinyl

not interested in Ebay, I want a new one
To broaden the subject a bit (I only have the transparent vinyls of The X Factor, so I didn't bother to buy it again a few years ago), is there any scale/ "formula" to estimate how much sealed items are worth as they become older? Does it depend on whether we are talking about vinyls, K7, CDs, etc... ?

To broaden the subject a bit (I only have the transparent vinyls of The X Factor, so I didn't bother to buy it again a few years ago), is there any scale/ "formula" to estimate how much sealed items are worth as they become older? Does it depend on whether we are talking about vinyls, K7, CDs, etc... ?
Best I can say is to check discogs for Mint items to see their average sale value. Not sure if that answers your question? And for the previous poster, the copy I saw in record store was brand new. I didn't buy it because I already got a copy when the remaster first came out, but it reminded me of this thread.

You can use this website to see trends over time and look at how much things historically sell forIf: https://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=iron+maiden+the+x+factor&sortord=

Age of the item depends less than demand/availability. Any of those early CD era Iron Maiden vinyl albums are going to hold their value because somebody always wants them and there aren't many (not to mention very low demand at the time). If suddenly a thousand sealed X Factors from 1995 went on discogs, the price would drop drastically as there are now plenty of them available.

Someone else would have to check on this, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the prices on the original vinyl copies came down a bit on the secondhand market when all of the albums got reissued. Originals will always be the more coveted versions, but I'm sure interest declined a bit when new versions became available, at least at first.

You can use this website to see trends over time and look at how much things historically sell forIf: https://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=iron+maiden+the+x+factor&sortord=

Age of the item depends less than demand/availability. Any of those early CD era Iron Maiden vinyl albums are going to hold their value because somebody always wants them and there aren't many (not to mention very low demand at the time). If suddenly a thousand sealed X Factors from 1995 went on discogs, the price would drop drastically as there are now plenty of them available.

Someone else would have to check on this, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the prices on the original vinyl copies came down a bit on the secondhand market when all of the albums got reissued. Originals will always be the more coveted versions, but I'm sure interest declined a bit when new versions became available, at least at first.
Thanks a lot @chaosapiant and @Mosh ! :)

To whom it may concern: I'm seeing X Factor vinyl on Amazon for like $160. That's brand new. Still a steep price, but cheaper than anything I've seen lately on either Discogs or Ebay. In case anyone really needs a copy of the remaster on vinyl and has the dosh, it's probably as good as it'll get for a long while.

That said, I can confirm that the X Factor remaster sounds phenomenal. In fact, in the 29 or so years I've been listening to it, I never really truly got how powerful and energetic some of the songs are. It's still dark and moody, but there's a LOT of speed and power floating around this album.

Just took a gander at the prices on Discogs and i'm tempted to get a second copy. Ever since completing my vinyl collection, I've been going back and getting the EU/Parlophone releases to replace my US/BMG releases, due to the quality of the vinyl being significantly better. A lot of my US copies have/had lots of surface noise and clicks and such, and the EU/Parlophone copies i've replaced them with have been whisper quiet.

Not available in HMV and is going for £52 on Amazon. I personally wouldn't pay close to that for an album I don't like but it seems that a lot of Maiden vinyls are going out of print.

It's probably down to the global vinyl shortage and Taylor Swift.

Not available in HMV and is going for £52 on Amazon. I personally wouldn't pay close to that for an album I don't like but it seems that a lot of Maiden vinyls are going out of print.

It's probably down to the global vinyl shortage and Taylor Swift.
Or that the market is a bit saturated with Maiden remasters after all these years of them reprinted. Most prospective buyers already have their copies, so what's the point in shelving out big quantities. Maybe.

Or that the market is a bit saturated with Maiden remasters after all these years of them reprinted. Most prospective buyers already have their copies, so what's the point in shelving out big quantities. Maybe.
I think this is it. You can't blame Taylor Swift for a shortage in albums that came out 7ish years ago and started going off the market a few years later. Since the 90s/00s albums came out they have released a 40th anniversary of NOTB on vinyl as well as a new live album and Senjutsu, so the focus is probably on those higher demand albums.

It is starting to look like 2024 will be a year with no new Maiden products, so I could see them putting some of those back catalog vinyl albums back into production. I've already seen some 80s albums popping up in retail stores that had been unavailable previously.

Back