The X Factor vinyl

Dick Brucinson

Dave Sustaine
It seems that The X Factor is out of print, it's just not possible to order it anywhere (not interested in Ebay, I want a new one). Do you know if it'll be rereleased again? Within the past two years I bought the entire Maiden vinyl catalogue, all live, all studio (albums). The only one that's missing yet is The X Factor. Does anybody have info if this is just a temporary situation? I mean, even RiR was released on vinyl last which I never believed would happen. So can we expect TXF sooner or later again?

They reissued the entire catalog from No Prayer to The Final Frontier (plus a few live albums) a few years ago. The X Factor was included in that and as far as I know it’s either still in print or there are at least still retailers carrying it. I would say we were lucky to get a reissue campaign on that scale for Maiden’s more recent albums and it probably won’t happen again.

They reissued the entire catalog from No Prayer to The Final Frontier (plus a few live albums) a few years ago. The X Factor was included in that and as far as I know it’s either still in print or there are at least still retailers carrying it. I would say we were lucky to get a reissue campaign on that scale for Maiden’s more recent albums and it probably won’t happen again.
Maiden Japan wasn't included I guess?

I am also searching for the X factor on vinyl like crazy but it's gone everywhere, amazing record and unique

Supposedly the reissue is now in the same price range as the original, they must have pressed fuck all of them.

Supposedly the reissue is now in the same price range as the original, they must have pressed fuck all of them.
jaysus just checked the usual sites there and you're right.. funnily enough virtual xi is available handy 24euro on amazon

Yea I checked on my end, it’s also insanely expensive now. Might be easier to buy the CD remaster and then maybe download a lossless vinyl rip. I do that for some albums if I already own a copy.

I recommend being patient, I still see sealed copies of the album out in the wild at record stores and conventions, there just aren’t a lot in stock at online stores right now. There could be warehouses full of them that just haven’t shipped yet for whatever reason. Sometimes they get quietly repressed as well.

The X Factor is a great package btw, it has a big foldout booklet with pictures. A little bit more goodies than the other albums.

I recommend being patient, I still see sealed copies of the album out in the wild at record stores and conventions, there just aren’t a lot in stock at online stores right now. There could be warehouses full of them that just haven’t shipped yet for whatever reason. Sometimes they get quietly repressed as well.

The X Factor is a great package btw, it has a big foldout booklet with pictures. A little bit more goodies than the other albums.
Agreed with every word, especially on the packaging. It's high quality and my copy is whisper quiet with as close to zero surface-noise as you can hope to get. It's definitely the best sounding version of the album you can get.

Any hope for another reissue or reprint? I'm close to pay 150$ for X factor, I want it for listening, the problem I don't like the idea to feeding the speculator.
BTW are blaze solo albums any good?

Any hope for another reissue or reprint? I'm close to pay 150$ for X factor, I want it for listening, the problem I don't like the idea to feeding the speculator.
BTW are blaze solo albums any good?
I thought about bumping another vinyl thread to say that I've been seeing these reissues in stores again new. Mostly the 80s albums but I have seen a couple reunion era albums. I am not sure if they're printing more or what but I think there are more of these out there in circulation than the speculator market is suggesting.

I have also seen all the reunion albums except TXF, some really cheap like VXI, TFF and senjutsu for £22, same for Bruce Dickinson albums (£18 each).

Yea they’re all out there. I’m almost certain they pressed more X Factors and Virtual XIs than there are people who want to actually buy those albums, but most stores also don’t keep high stock of new vinyl unless it’s a huge seller. So there’s probably a warehouse full of those albums somewhere.

Yea they’re all out there. I’m almost certain they pressed more X Factors and Virtual XIs than there are people who want to actually buy those albums, but most stores also don’t keep high stock of new vinyl unless it’s a huge seller. So there’s probably a warehouse full of those albums somewhere.
Or they pressed fewer of those albums, which would make sense.

Back