The Trooper VIP Pre Party or First to the Barrier ... " WHICH ONE IS BETTER"

Kim is a very nice blonde lady about 5'-4" and super duper cool. Shorter blonde hair (not too short, probably pulled back) Really awesome person- Hit her up and tell her Chad from Tulsa says to let all your friends in to eat food for free! :)

Yeah...And Who 'IS' Kim Anyways...And do we meet her at a side entrance or the like?!
SO Chad. The Thing is, I have seats upstairs. Can my friend and I sneak onto the floor with others?
As A Side Note...When I first heard Powerslave Tape...Yes, I Said Tape... I couldn't stop listening... I love Maiden as much as the next guy on this site...BUT...Book Of Souls Is the 2nd most listened to album/tape/cd/ of Maiden's that I've listened to.
Christ. Two Weeks And Minutes To Go! Wouldn't mind meeting some fans at the pre-party!
Up The Irons All!

Kim is one of the Fan Club organisers or Phantom Music Management PR people isn't she?

Well I don't know who she actually works for but she is in charge of the whole VIP party. (She was in charge and standing right inside the VIP area) Her job was to coordinate the caterers, display cutouts (get your pic with those!), Onkyo ed-phone booth, and trooper beer station. She is the boss lady in charge. She let me get a few friends in after everyone was clearing out to eat the rest of the food they had. She said she gets to go to most of the shows and do this. (no, she doesn't get to ride in ed force 1. i asked) And Vapster.... you can try everything to get to the floor, but the only way i see that is if you jump the wall when lights go out (and stay down there as you wont have a wristband) every venue is different, but i saw even lower balcony ushers checking tickets as people went to their seats. my guess is just go become buddy buddy with the usher closest to the VIP, and sneak into the lower section, then try and find a way on the floor and stay put :) You had a powerslave TAPE? wow, fancy... i had LP baby! yeah... LOL! But, i must agree with you Vap... TBoS is one of my top 5 fav's for sure. (Tears of a clown, red n black, Death or Glory, and of course TBoS!) great album. Best one since Brave New World IMO. Yeah, just take my advise and you will have a great time! :) up the irons.

I would totally suggest doing the VIP package. So you get in earlier than the rail people. But that is just to your party. You get FOOD (all you can eat finger foods like pizza, wings, dips, chips and cookies) and tons of other cool once in a lifetime items. (my fav being the bar runner that is really of great quality. you can't get that anywhere) And 2 free trooper beers (valued at $10 each) AND, you can just walk right down and get on the floor (with floor tickets) right after the barrier peeps. We COULD have gotten like row 3 or 4 but we chose to hang out... WITH ROD SMALLWOOD! He came walking in to take pix and drink a beer with his Maiden peeps! IT was amazing and SO worth it... (I will post this for others to read as well)

AND, Go see the Plane. Google map the airport and find out where they park the charter planes (like sports teams that fly in) and plan on spending an hour to take pix and see it. They really try to make it easy on the fans to get pix of that bad boy. Especially now that it is fixed.

One more question about the trooper VIP party. I can pretty much figure it out from previous answers, but what time does it start? I was planning to hang out with some other Maiden fans at the Monkey Barrel bar about 1 mile from the Pepsi Center and then walking over for VIP party. If doors open to the public at 7:00 what time do you think the Trooper VIP folks would need to be at Pepsi Center to get in for party? I'm guessing sometime between 4:30 and 5:00? Does anybody have insight?

Hey Chad, you should come to Denver and see the show again!! Airline tickets from Tulsa to Denver are only $142 and hotels are not bad either!!!

Thanks in advance for anybody that can help!!!

Tell Kim that Chad from Tulsa said hi. And to give you free shit/stuff! (she won't but it doesn't hurt to ask) I just hope she is still in charge or people will say, "who is Kim?" hahaha.
On the time factor, i have no idea what time your venue opens and everything, but i would say 4:45 is a good bet. Then get into VIP around 5:30 till 6:45 then cruise on the floor (if you have those tickets) BUT, i would LOVE to come to Denver, i have friends that are going. We just can't do it as we are moving and need to save up $$. But this year/tour is my favorite since Brave New World. (it is a good time to be a Maiden fan... never a bad time! lol)

Hey Somewhereonline -

Be sure and post about your experience at Tacoma show!! I'm pumped for Denver show. Floor seats and I got my Trooper Party confirmation today. Meeting Kim at 4:30 at Pepsi Center.

SCREAM FOR ME DENVER!!!!!!!!

O.K> Got The Email Today For Friday's VIP Party, L.A. I Swear, If I Say, "Hi Kim! I Know Chad From Tulsa." And She Says..
1.Who?
or
2. What?!
I'll be back to talk shit Chad!!!

I'm a good talker, as well as my buddy I'm going down to the show with...
We'll talk our way to the floor, or die with our boots on trying!

I had to say this. First off, there are no Meet and Greets with the band, period. I personally think that the offer as presented was/is misleading. They should have clearly stated the band wasn't involved and anybody that bought them thinking they were or might be should get a refund. Also, @chadthedrummer7, let's get real here. Very little of these VIPs sold before the FTTB was announced for each city, save for NY and Vegas where people have more money than brains, apparently.
It's nice to get some "free" gear or beer which is far from free but I mean come on man! These VIPs were clearly IM's way of making some more money from the people (fan club members mostly) who would normally be standing outside in line for endless hours to get up front on the floor. It's also a good way of getting rid of NOT RARE Trooper beer gear available online via the Trooper beer site. If I recall correctly, only the "stress" can and drawstring bag are new or unique and unavailable elsewhere before the tour started.
It is a disturbing trend that they even offered these and most other bands are charging even more, even without M&Gs; so I do understand IM's position considering this. $1250 for a Kiss M&G? These artists nowadays are completely out of their minds and anyone buying them are suckers. Now, in this case, with the added gear and all, it isn't a bad deal if you have floor tickets. If not, I'd avoid like the "Noid". It's unlikely that you will get on the floor either if you have seats as it is clearly separated by barriers at every show I've seen or seen footage of. Not to mention security watching for this sort of thing.
I hope anybody that bought this realizes that they will have to jump on the floor before doors too and miss out on a large portion of the party.

Well if people keep paying for these things, they're not going to stop doing them.

After waiting in line for as long as I did for the show in Vegas (Mandalay Bay event center has one entrance, which is kind of idiotic), I basically got this to avoid standing around in line too much at the Tacoma dome. The only place I found any more info about the pre-party, after I bought the pass, was on this forum.

I didn't have my expectations set that high based on someone's post about the Preshow party in Vegas, and it really wasn't all that spectacular as parties go (but it wasn't annoying, either). I actually had time to drop the bag of stuff off back at my hotel and get back before the party started.

I was never under the impression that this was a meet and greet. If Rod Smallwood made any appearance at the Tacoma party, then I missed it.

Is the Trooper beer stuff + a tour shirt worth $205? Probably not, but not standing in a long line before the show was the main benefit I derived from it.

For sure it is worth it for that purpose. Especially considering $1250 for Kiss with M&G and $1750 for GnR with no M&G even! I was targeting Chad with some of my post because of his saying the bar runner was unavailable elsewhere. Actually was nice of Maiden to even offer for floor folks. People who have seats however, is a different story. IMHO they really shouldn't offer any of these and do it old school. I see this VIP thing getting out of hand. Love to know who has the money for this in the first place.

Wow, such hate for an option offered up. One can choose to not do it if it offends you that much. I'll state the obvious 1st to answer your ending question...I have the money to do this if I choose, and I did for Vegas. It was the 1st time seeing Maiden for my GF and I figured this would be a cool addition to the experience.

Benefits:
No waiting forever in line to get in, a BIG plus this time with the GF
Drinks and food
Cool bag-o-stuff all in one shot, no need to order online and wait
Rod and Andy showed up for the drawings for the signed drum head and headphones, as the ticket was drawn for the 'phones, I'm watching her ticket...she won em and got them handed over by Rod with picks. That was a highlight moment for her.
Get to hang out with other Maiden fans!
Finally, early access to almost no line merch shopping, again a really nice 'benefit'

So, is it worth the $205? yes, assuming one doesn't have a permanent 'the band has turned into a bunch of money grubbing assholes' chip on ones shoulder and takes it for what it is. Another option that one can choose to enjoy prior to a show

Back