The Trooper Beer

A stout and IPA.

I love this "quote" from "Bruce", ". I’m a huge fan of both IPA and Stout ", he specifically said in Dublin at his show that he was NOT a stout drinker:lol:

16 bottles will cost me €66 to order, whereas every off licence in Dublin usually has a range of decent beers for €10 for 4 bottles, so I won't be ordering this online, so hopefully somewhere will import this. Haven't seen anywhere import Sun and Steel at all, and don't see regular Trooper in off licences anymore.

Bloody hell, at this rate the band would end up having released more beers than studio albums!!!

It's the delivery charges that are killing them, as the price of the beer is very reasonable, they should really look for a better courier.

There's no bulk buy discount either, it's €30 for every 2 trays. So there's no advantage of buying a lot to reduce the impact of the delivery charges.

EDIT: I understand that beer is heavy and needs to be shipped securely, but surely it can be done for cheaper than it is, it's doubling the cost.

It seems to me that all of these beers have a very low alcohol content. The IPA is 4.3% when most IPAs are closer to 6%. Guess it helps sales.

In the case of most ales it is a case of quality, not necessarily quantity of drinks.

I would also argue that the IPA style originated here...

I think he means quantity as in the standard measure, i.e. a pint, would be larger than the equivalent in most other places.

If you were drinking pints of stronger beer i.e. Belgian strengths you'ld be on your ear pretty quickly, hence the term "lager lout" in the UK and Stella being called "wife beater", lager being stronger generally than session ales.

I think he means quantity as in the standard measure, i.e. a pint, would be larger than the equivalent in most other places.

If you were drinking pints of stronger beer i.e. Belgian strengths you'ld be on your ear pretty quickly, hence the term "lager lout" in the UK and Stella being called "wife beater", lager being stronger generally than session ales.

I know what you mean. I once had 3 pints of Gulden Draak and ended up being quite sick. Lovely strong dark triple ale, but at 10.5% you have to be sensible when drinking it!

Back