The Running thread

No, he did 10.57 but in high school which is mega fast and in my opinion even more impressive than 10.37 for that age.

Both athletes would have qualified from the preliminary round of the men's 100m at the 2024 Paris Olympics with their respective times.

The crowd was great, the production values had something of US show blended with European minimalism.
I had a great time watching it and looking fwd for more shows like this.

Flying from Copenhagen back to Athens, my new ASICS Superblast 2 (Paris color way) have arrived and waiting for me :D
IMG_4124.jpeg

In all China there isn’t my number for this (soon to be collectors item) color-way, nor in HK, Singapore or Copenhagen.

In other news I am running a half marathon in Athens the other Sunday; with my deplorable level of fitness anything below 2hr 06min or below 6min/km pace will be a success.

Shanghai Marathon is 1st December I may run but absolutely no time to prepare for a below 4hrs time.
I also applied for Tokyo marathon next March, theoretically I’ll have time to prepare if I’ll be selected.

Flying from Copenhagen back to Athens, my new ASICS Superblast 2 (Paris color way) have arrived and waiting for me :D
View attachment 38861

In all China there isn’t my number for this (soon to be collectors item) color-way, nor in HK, Singapore or Copenhagen.

In other news I am running a half marathon in Athens the other Sunday; with my deplorable level of fitness anything below 2hr 06min or below 6min/km pace will be a success.

Shanghai Marathon is 1st December I may run but absolutely no time to prepare for a below 4hrs time.
I also applied for Tokyo marathon next March, theoretically I’ll have time to prepare if I’ll be selected.

You are really into running shoes, aren’t you? :lol:

Best of luck on those races!

Since the end of the summer holidays, I have started running again. As I have started playing for a basketball team, at the moment the priority is to improve my speed (most players are significantly younger than me! :lol: ) and do shorter runs with my daughter, although I managed to run 5.1 km in 22 minutes a couple of weeks ago. Today, I ran 3.15 km in 13 minutes

You are really into running shoes, aren’t you? :lol:

Too much! One very important motivator to continue running is to keep wearing my shoes down so I can try new ones hahah!
Of course I could retire the shoes early but this feels like cheating so I only retire /give away the shoes if I hate them.

The other thing is that when I like some shoes too much I buy them again and again, I already have 1 retired pair of Superblast 1 and 2 pairs with ~360km on each so no need to buy the Superblast 2, but I fell in love with the color way and it was limited edition so…

This also slows down the process of running with new brands /models but it is what it is! :D

Back