The Prophecy

How good is The Prophecy on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: The Prophecy

Not a great song but still very good. An excellent solo, like almost all Murray songs and I like the lyrics in the context of the album. I'd agree that the fadeout is maybe a little long and can kill a tiny bit of the momentum of the album.

A 7.5. As I like SSoaSS - 8.

A typically melodic Dave Murray song. Very sweet music. Davey creates magic with hammer-ons and pull-offs and bends in the same way Willy Wonka makes magic with confectionary. If you squint your eyes Davey even looks a little like the original Willy Wonka, Gene Wilder...

It deserves a 7 just for its ending. It feels like you're listening to the sounds of heaven.

8/10 - This song should be the example of the limit of "growling" any singer should be doing, ever. :D

7 out of 10... Not a particular favorite, although Dave's lead and the harmony guitars make it worthwhile...

I'm gonna give this one a solid 10 as it's always been one of my very favorite Maiden songs.  Great calm intro, great verses, I really dig the chorus and the outro is magical.

Not counting the Heaven And Hell nod to the idea of the fantastic acoustic end, and also to Floyd, as the album ends as it began, just like Animals.

I wonder how comes a Maiden fan not liking this album. It's really bizarre. :down:

Better than Moonchild and Clairvoyant, this one was always one of my favorites here. Intro, outro one of the best ever the main song with a combination of rhythm guitar /bass that drives me crazy. And what a chorus. A strong lyric element in the concept of 7th son, as well. A solid 9/10 

I can't help it, but this one has always had a bit of a filler feel to me... for the most part, it feels more like a song needed to carry the story forward and has little merit as a stand-alone. The intro and outro are magical though. When listened to in the context of the album, it's great, if listened to on its own it seems to lack a direction. 7/10.

Ok, i don't like this track. At all. The singing is weird, and i feel that if you're going to sing about mysticism and fantasy stuff, if you do it too blunt, it becomes overly corny.
The outro is something now and something good, but i mainly skip this song when listening to Seventh Son. However, i'm going to give a 7 here, because i don't feel that it's a filler. I don't like it, but i can't escape the thought that it's been done with same amount of time, love and feeling as other SSoaSS songs.

Another song that used to be my favorite, but since then I've lost love for it. The ending is very unique and I like the prechorus(?) 7/10

For sure it sounds like a filler. One of the lesser exciting songs from the album. 7/10.

It's a solid filler. so, 7.

Edit: Little info on my ratings:
Under 5 - crap
5 & 6 - bad song
7 - ok
8 - great
9 - awesome
10 - something special

Back