The Prisoner

How good is The Prisoner on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
The last time it was played by Maiden:
On all four European dates of the 1991 segment of the No Prayer For the Dying tour.

29 June 1991 - Roskilde Festival, Denmark
05 September 1991 - Bern, Switzerland
06 September 1991 - Winterthur, Switzerland
21 September 1991 - Toulon, France

Only bootlegs available, no commercial versions.

In 1996 I saw Skunkworks (Bruce Dickinson) performing this song live.

Forostar said:
The last time it was played by Maiden:
On all four European dates of the 1991 segment of the No Prayer For the Dying tour.

29 June 1991 - Roskilde Festival, Denmark
05 September 1991 - Bern, Switzerland
06 September 1991 - Winterthur, Switzerland
21 September 1991 - Toulon, France

Only bootlegs available, no commercial versions.

In 1996 I saw Skunkworks (Bruce Dickinson) performing this song live.

Thanks so much! So are there any bootlegs from this tour that might be available that feature it?

again 8, it got good instrumentals and the vocals are flawless but it doesnt grab me by the bolhocks and slam me against a windowpane... again its ok but suffers by 'the' syndrome where many the's are a bit fillery and nonspecial

Really memorable drum intro until the song actually kicks of.The guitars are filled with energy and Bruce is again on fire.Even more memorable than the intro is the chorus which is highly addictive!
10/10

9. Great drum into. Bruce seems to really capture the mood of this song with his vocals. I love the chorus and the solos are sweet! I wish they would perform this live more.

edge of darkness said:
9. Great drum into. Bruce seems to really capture the mood of this song with his vocals. I love the chorus and the solos are sweet! I wish they would perform this live more.

also  :ok: - in fact, I would be ok if I went to a concert and they played this and the Clairvoyant. I would go home and say "Maiden played the best set ever." :)

7/10. A notably stronger 7 than Invaders, with some nice instrumental parts and good vocals from Bruce. The chorus and the music become somewhat repetitive however.

The chorus is easy to sing along with (and get stuck in your head). I like the contrast between the verses (you can feel his struggle to break free) and the chorus (When he is fighting the good fight). That's what it sounds like to me. Just MO.

I like it, but it's a little repetitive and simplistic. A slightly differen Maiden tune. It's got that Neon Knights-ish verse riff, which is cool. Enjoyable, not great.

Here's a first for IM. A recording from a TV show to start the song. It sets the mood.
Some say this is a filler song and I suppose it is for this particular album, but it is still a good song. Bruce's vocals have not disappointed yet so far on this album.

9/10

A good song, but not that interesting, as I think the riffs are a little to safe and boring. But again we have a perfect performance from bruce and a really cool solo in the middle which saves it from being to low.

6/10

One of the most memorable choruses in the Maiden catalog. Bruce sounds amazing. Musically, it's nothing too special, but I like the driving verse riff and Adrian's solo is classic.

9/10

A really enjoyable song, great to sing along to. Suffers slightly from repetition, but only slightly. So, I'll give it a...

8/10

Back