The Post Your Own Music Thread

Here's something a bit different, but maybe something y'all will enjoy. I recently arranged an a Capella song by a Swedish band I like called Moon Safari for my clarinet quartet to play. It came out pretty good I think, so I thought I'd share it!

I'm the one with long hair :p

I dig this so much.

It's funny because I'm currently in the process of arranging a Police song for my string orchestra to play. Kudos!

I dig this so much.

It's funny because I'm currently in the process of arranging a Police song for my string orchestra to play. Kudos!
Thanks! And very awesome, it'd be cool if you posted a recording when it's performed!

Thanks! And very awesome, it'd be cool if you posted a recording when it's performed!

For sure, and if it's completed i time for the concert that'd be rad. B)

I'm really into arrangements like this, though clarinet quartet is an interesting medium I've never really seen before. Do you have other recordings of your compositons/arrangements?

I do actually, there were two pieces performed (both my arrangements) but I only uploaded video for Constant Bloom. Here's audio for the other piece.

Clarinet quartet is what I arrange for since that's my favorite group that I play in, but it actually works out really well. Especially for rock instrumentation. We're currently working on a few other arrangements of mine that I'll be happy to put up when they're performed (probably in the next two months)!

Sounds pretty sweet to me Saap! :D

Those drums & bass are coming through my headphones very nicely. Some of that sounded a little tighter than some of your other stuff; especially the start of the lead work, with the breaks & you showing a little more restraint. It was nice & simple; nothing too flashy or complicated. Which is what you want, I think. Good licks are what makes good guitar work; & you seem to have plenty of that.

Sounds pretty sweet to me Saap! :D

Those drums & bass are coming through my headphones very nicely. Some of that sounded a little tighter than some of your other stuff; especially the start of the lead work, with the breaks & you showing a little more restraint. It was nice & simple; nothing too flashy or complicated. Which is what you want, I think. Good licks are what makes good guitar work; & you seem to have plenty of that.

Thanks. Yeah, that bass is especially strong when using headphones.

2nd Eyes of the Ocean, much more melodic, epic and lots of light and shade

This is a song much to my taste. The instrumental and vocal melodies are darn beautiful. It's good that you returned to heavier riffs towards the end. Perhaps my favourite song of yours.

Back